It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

sharonmac1 HB User
static noise/ also Benign Paroxymal vertigo

I have a static noise in my left ear, I did read some posts prior to posting this one of mine..I noticed that many are dizzy and may have what I had, which WAS Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. I went to a local doctor and he fixed it immediately by using a technique called the Epley Maneuver. You can find the cure on line there is even a video of an animated version of the Epley maneuver. It was discovered by a Portland doctor. It works for vertigo as long as it's my type of vertigo. My doctor discovered that it was in my right ear so he did it for the right ear. I walked in dizzy and went out normal again. I sleep on 2 pillows nightly. It helps. This maneuver puts the inner ear crystals back to where they belong so the dizziness is gone.

But now I have this noise that is new to me. I have had two successful stapedectomies and hear okay. But now this noise, it's not that noisy, but notice it comes and goes. Also if I yawn it's louder. It doesn't wake me up at night. I wonder if there is a cure like the vertigo one.

Last edited by sharonmac1; 11-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Cracking or static noise in ear Deadman42 Hearing Disorders 1 12-31-2009 02:45 PM
Sharp static noise in ears lydiaravenswood Hearing Disorders 0 03-18-2009 01:52 AM
Pulsatting, Washing Machine Noise in Right Ear Angela_Aus Hearing Disorders 7 09-11-2008 12:36 PM
What can cause hearing to be more noise sensitive? Perry2 Hearing Disorders 0 05-27-2007 04:23 PM
Clicking & Static twiztid Hearing Disorders 11 01-24-2007 05:30 AM