It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
(male)

beeper1520 HB User
Cool Blocked Eustachian Tube-overnight during sleep

All of a sudden from no where, I started noticing my Eustachian Tube blocked during the morning when I wake up with heavy mucous from my throat coming out. After breakfast with hot drink and perhaps after hot shower, it will begin opening up gradually. By afternoon, you feel you are opened up, until next morning getting up. Two trips to ENT with a follow up with a MRI of head, everything is normal. ENT believes it is allergy. Perhaps so, I had some kind of slowly developing allergy with ACE Inhibitor drugs I was taking, I switched out. of them recently.

I have tried Mucinex, Steroid spray, anti-inflammatory and over the counter, saline spray and now anti-histamine.

I have good days and some bad days but I have not gotten a permanent fix.
I had already taken Augmentin (anti-biotic) initially to purge out infection if there is any. I also noticed that lots of people in the area are experiencing similar problems with different degree but ear related.

This gives the credence to ENT who mentions that in my case is allergy. If it is a allergy than careful combination of steroid spray, Mucinex or anti-histamine theoretically would help but it may take a long time. Any comments or questions will be appreciated.

Closed Thread