It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

snowquietgirl HB User
Meniere's Disease

My mom has meniere's disease, and it really scares me. She's really going deaf, and I have had ringing in my ears for the last three months. I have the worst fear of silence ever, and I could not survive loosing my hearing. They don't know what even causes it, or really how to treat it. I'm terrified and anxious and my mother being the wreck she is, won't take me to get checked out by a doctor because she's in denial about the whole thing. Is there any chance that not everyone has has this looses their hearing in the end? If so, what are those chances?

The following user gives a hug of support to snowquietgirl:
beckym (01-25-2012)
Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Meniere's Disease

Hi..Do a search on meniere's disease as not everyone loses their hearing. There is some treatment for it. Don't panic about the ringing in your ears as I have had it for almost 25 years and also get fluid in my left ear quite often mostly due to sinus problems. Had several hearing tests and my ENT said my hearing is actually above normal. After your mom calms down have her take you to an ENT for some tests just to be sure.

Wishing you the best...JJ....

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
snowquietgirl (12-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread