It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
(female)

DK100 HB User
Smile Patulous Eustation Tube

i have had patulous eustation tube since i was 11 and am now 16, so 5 years, can be in both ears but mainly right. doctors have never diagnosed it right untill now, and have given medications for the reverse problem and just making it worse! no-one's ever said a true cure but would like to know more really. it's not nice to have atall! although i've found it can help by moving your ear down which i believe removes pressure and stops the symptoms for a while. i also get regular migranes, almost every day, which i believe also contributes to pet. the symptoms are there around 9 hours a day which is horrible. any more information....?

Old 01-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
(female)

angelhavingfun HB User
Re: Patulous Eustation Tube

I am suffering horribly patulous (open) Eustachian tube dysfunction. Due to the loss of all the fat around my Eustachian tubes a side effect from the my gastric bypass. I have done tubes twice. 3 different nose sprays. An estogin one, flonaise and I cant remember the other one. I turn my head upside down to bring the blood flow back into the tubes to stop the echo of my voice and breathing in my head. I lay down. I stop talking because it drives me crazy t hear myself. I breath through my mouth. I am learning sign language so when it starts I don't have to talk. Is there really nothing else that can't be done? my speech has change I have started to mumble

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
(female)

angelhavingfun HB User
Re: Patulous Eustation Tube

New frustration with this well not new just something. I called my ENT asked him if he could just give me something to stop my nose from running because when all the echoing goes on my nose always runs. Its the only time it runs no other time. He perscribes and antibiotic.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
(female)

LnsmCrow HB User
Angry Re: Patulous Eustation Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelhavingfun View Post
I am suffering horribly patulous (open) Eustachian tube dysfunction. Due to the loss of all the fat around my Eustachian tubes a side effect from the my gastric bypass. I have done tubes twice. 3 different nose sprays. An estogin one, flonaise and I cant remember the other one. I turn my head upside down to bring the blood flow back into the tubes to stop the echo of my voice and breathing in my head. I lay down. I stop talking because it drives me crazy t hear myself. I breath through my mouth. I am learning sign language so when it starts I don't have to talk. Is there really nothing else that can't be done? my speech has change I have started to mumble
OMG!!! I recently had a sinus infection that has caused impairment of hearing in my right ear. I am already totally deaf in my left ear from spinal menengitis. I wnet to the emergency room after the 3rd week of sinus and ear symptoms. The doctor wanted to pat me on the back and send me home. That's it. I demanded an antibiotic because I couldn't smell or taste. He was mean and then I found out that my insurance has some $800 share of cost. I paid $100 right then and there just top get the prescription. Well, I still can't hear. I'm scared. Are there any Doctor's on this site who may have advice? Would ear cones help? Mineral oil? I can't afford another $800 for poor attention. Please HELP

Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
(female)

LnsmCrow HB User
Re: Is this the same thing?

OMG!!! I recently had a sinus infection that has caused impairment of hearing in my right ear. I am already totally deaf in my left ear from spinal menengitis. I wnet to the emergency room after the 3rd week of sinus and ear symptoms. The doctor wanted to pat me on the back and send me home. That's it. I demanded an antibiotic because I couldn't smell or taste. He was mean and then I found out that my insurance has some $800 share of cost. I paid $100 right then and there just top get the prescription. Well, I still can't hear. I'm scared. Are there any Doctor's on this site who may have advice? Would ear cones help? Mineral oil? I can't afford another $800 for poor attention. Please HELP

Closed Thread