It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
(female)

Gods servent HB User
Constant ear pressure no fluid

My 8 year old daughter has had problems with her right ear since birth. Chronic ear infections as an infant which lead to a tubes being put in her ears. Didn't help the infections. Vitamins cleared that up. After the tube came out we figured everything was fine. In 1st grade she had her hearing tested in school and it came back with some hearing loss. Took her to the ENT, confirmed hearing loss due to pressure in the right ear. The left ear was slightly affected. With all the tests they did, they could not find out the cause of the pressure, bones looked normal, no fluid, no damage to the ear drum. They put in a tube which allowed the pressure to release and her hearing is fine in both ears. She is in 3rd grade now, the tube is falling out and causing her pain.

I'm concerned that once the tube falls out the pressure will return and we will have to keep repeating the process.

Does anyone know what could be causing the constant pressure in her hear? She has tried several different things to get her ear to pop and they don't work.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Constant ear pressure no fluid

I'm not sure if it really applies to someone as young as your daughter, but I'll share some of what I've been experiencing. A couple years ago, I had some really intense ear pressure. My ear didn't pop for over a year and it felt like I had an intense ear infection that wouldn't go away. My ENT and Audiologist couldn't find anything wrong with my eustacian tube or anything else physically wrong. I did find out that I was developing more hearing loss. I'd had a lot of ear problems when I was young but not as an adult until then.

Eventually, I figured out that I had TMJD. My lower jaw was out of whack and pushing back into my ear causing my pressure. The jaw is just mm from the ear so it doesn't take much for there to be a problem if the jaw is out of position. Throughout the process, I never had any jaw pain. My symptoms were all around the ear.

If you have ruled out other problems, it might be worth checking into if her TMJ is in proper positioning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
(female)

Gods servent HB User
Re: Constant ear pressure no fluid

Thank you Mountain Reader. I will look into that. She has an under bite but the dentist feels it will correct itself when her adult top teeth come in. I however, am not convinced that her jaw is not misaligned.

Closed Thread