It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
(male)

tinchito HB User
Thumbs up Stapedectomy next May 3er in Argentina

Hi all !! First of all I truly thank all of you because you encourage me to make my mind up , search for the proper professional and decide a certain date to op. Im very anxious but trying to spend this few days as relaxed as possible.
My doctors said that ill improve my hearing but only al the limit to close my gap and ill must continue using hearing aids but... the othoesclerosis will not grow so fast
I am 49 years old and live in Buenos Aires ( tangos capital )
Hoping to hear your good experiences !
A lot of thanks !!
Martin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
(female)

Jacki93 HB UserJacki93 HB User
Re: Stapedectomy next May 3er in Argentina

Hello Tinchito

I've had a stapedectomy on one ear. I had my hearing test on Friday and the operation reducted my hearing loss in that ear from 40% social hearing loss to 4% social hearing loss. The bone-air conduction gap was closed compared to the results before the operation with it actually getting slightly better than those results in the 2kHz range. I am very happy with this result and so is the surgeon. I have had no bad experiences since the operation, just the usual slight sound distortion after the packing came out. This went away quite quickly and now everything sounds normal.

I would recommend you having this operation done, even if you still have to wear hearing aids. You probably won't be quite so dependent on them and they won't have to amplify the sound so much.

All the best

Clare

The Following User Says Thank You to Jacki93 For This Useful Post:
tinchito (04-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
(female)

Fantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB User

Good luck, Martin, and please stay in touch with us!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fantine For This Useful Post:
tinchito (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
(male)

tinchito HB User
Thumbs up Re: Stapedectomy next May 3er in Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCE View Post
Hello Tinchito

I've had a stapedectomy on one ear. I had my hearing test on Friday and the operation reducted my hearing loss in that ear from 40% social hearing loss to 4% social hearing loss. The bone-air conduction gap was closed compared to the results before the operation with it actually getting slightly better than those results in the 2kHz range. I am very happy with this result and so is the surgeon. I have had no bad experiences since the operation, just the usual slight sound distortion after the packing came out. This went away quite quickly and now everything sounds normal.

I would recommend you having this operation done, even if you still have to wear hearing aids. You probably won't be quite so dependent on them and they won't have to amplify the sound so much.

All the best

Clare
Hello Clare

Thanks a lot for your words !!!

I am waiting anxiously the op day

Well be in touch

Best regards

Martin

Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
(male)

tinchito HB User

Hi Fantine
Thanks !
Ill be in touch with you
Best regards
Martin

Old 04-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User

Good Luck Martin...

I have had stapedectomies in both my ears and I am so happy that I did... My first was back in 1992 and I just had my most recent this past February with amazing results. I think that you will not be disappointed with going forward with this surgery...
I have had two revisions on my right ear and my hearing is so much better since my last surgery was performed last June on that ear. My incus eroded causing my piston to dislocate and my first revision did not give me the best results due to an artery and scar tissue in that area.. I had to wear a hearing aid in my left ear and after the second revision I did not. At the time I had under 30% hearing in my left ear..

This past Feb. I went in again to try it on my left ear which I had poor hearing in and I am soo happy that I did because it was a complete success... I am 10 weeks post ap and my hearing gets better each day...It takes your brain some time to adjust and for me not hearing out of that ear for about 20 years took abit of adjusting thats for sure
Cindy

The Following User Says Thank You to billcindy1 For This Useful Post:
tinchito (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
(male)

tinchito HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcindy1 View Post
Good Luck Martin...

I have had stapedectomies in both my ears and I am so happy that I did... My first was back in 1992 and I just had my most recent this past February with amazing results. I think that you will not be disappointed with going forward with this surgery...
I have had two revisions on my right ear and my hearing is so much better since my last surgery was performed last June on that ear. My incus eroded causing my piston to dislocate and my first revision did not give me the best results due to an artery and scar tissue in that area.. I had to wear a hearing aid in my left ear and after the second revision I did not. At the time I had under 30% hearing in my left ear..

This past Feb. I went in again to try it on my left ear which I had poor hearing in and I am soo happy that I did because it was a complete success... I am 10 weeks post ap and my hearing gets better each day...It takes your brain some time to adjust and for me not hearing out of that ear for about 20 years took abit of adjusting thats for sure
Cindy

Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
(male)

tinchito HB User

Hello Cindy
Thanks for your support !
Im sorry about your complication but im happy that finally all works OK and you do not need to use a hearing aid again!
What you told about brain adjustment is very interesting and I think this way works. Im waiting to feel the same soon.
Id been reading this forums posts about 3 o 4 months ago and its very nice to met people, many times many miles away, with common problems that help each other with information, tips, answers and motivation.
All your information and details are very useful for me to maintain my ops plan.
Please, all of you, excuse my bad english and thanks!, you help me A LOT to avoid fears and doubts.
Thanks !!!
Martin

Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
(male)

tinchito HB User

Hi all !
Two days to go !
Ill be back writing my own stapedectomy report shortly.
Best regards .
Martin

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: tinchito
billcindy1 (05-02-2012), Fantine (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinchito View Post
Hi all !
Two days to go !
Ill be back writing my own stapedectomy report shortly.
Best regards .
Martin
Good luck!

The following user gives a hug of support to Fantine:
tinchito (05-02-2012)
tinchito (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User

Good Luck Martin.......

The following user gives a hug of support to billcindy1:
tinchito (05-02-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to billcindy1 For This Useful Post:
tinchito (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
(male)

tinchito HB User

Thank You !!!

Old 05-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
(male)

tinchito HB User
Smile Re: Stapedectomy next May 3er in Argentina

Hi all !!

Well my surgery was performed last may 3 rd at 9 am with excellent results !!!

This is my second day post op and happily I have no side effect at all : no vertigo, no nausea just a little bit of pain that was stopped with just one pill !!!
I follow my surgeon tip : do all in slow camera jajaja

Thanks you all for your words and wishes !

Ill opened my own stapedectomy report shortly trying to help more people to do this procedure.

Thank you all !!

Martin

Old 05-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #14
(female)

Glad to hear everything went well!

tinchito (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #15
(male)

tinchito HB User