It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

Dizzy100 HB User
Dizzy spells day 4

Hello all,

I had a stapendectomy performed 4 days ago and the surgery went well. The Dr said that I did have Octosclerosis. I was sick 3 times right after the surgery but discharged after a few hours. My issue is dizziness. I have been put on Prednisone to help but this is day 4 and I am still dizzy. Have others experienced this or is this something more serious. I would love to hear any other experiences and what I might expect. I have that full feeling in my ear and can't tell if its improved but I know that I need to be patient about that until my follow up appt next week.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
(female)

Appleboyboy HB User
Re: Dizzy spells day 4

Hi, I had my stapedectomy just over 5 weeks now and I still get vertigo when I turn to my operated ear in bed or if i get up too quickly from bed but it settles as soon as I turn my head straight. I still feel a bit dizzy if I look up or bend down. But I can tell you it is getting better gradually since the operation. When I walk fast I still feel a bit dizzy.
The fullness is probably from the packing which is what I felt too and the hearing is much better once the packing is removed, though my ear still feel a bit blocked, I can hear most things now.
So it does get better gradually in my experience. Hope all goes well for you soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to Appleboyboy For This Useful Post:
dextrous (05-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
(male)

dextrous HB User

Had my op 5 days ago. No dizziness at all until yesterday. Nothing to worry about at this stage. Had my other ear done 30+years ago (still going strong with just a little bit of fading as normal for middle age), and I remembers being mighty ill for a few days then all well.

Everyone is different, so don't panic.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
(female)

Dizzy100 HB User

Hi Appleboyboy and Dextrous,
Its great to have some support on this site I have read lots of the other stapendectomy threads and its good to hear that everyone has a different experience. Sorry its taken me to long to get back to this site. I forgot my password. The dizziness is getting a little better although I still would not drive, and I have a numb feeling on my face and of course a very full head, but I am guessing that is normal. Its so affirming to hear that you had the surgery Dextrous so long ago and it all worked out. Here is to staying positive right. I would just love to be able to drive my car again .

As for the hearing it does seem to be coming back. I even had the phone up to that ear and I could hear well. Awesome. How are you all doing?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
(male)

dextrous HB User

Hi Dizzy100. The recently operated ear is silent at present (apart from popping when I swallow) which I assume (and hope) is down to the packing and internal swelling/scabbing. I remember hearing through it in the recovery room, so the surgeon must have done it right at the time. At least it's finally stopped bleeding so the wound looks like it's healed over. Would love to take the packing out, but patience is a rather annoying virtue!!

Glad to hear (we love that little in-pun!!) that your hearing is coming back and that dizziness is subsiding a little :-). Keep us appraised.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
(male)

dextrous HB User

Hi Dizzy100. The recently operated ear is silent at present (apart from popping when I swallow) which I assume (and hope) is down to the packing and internal swelling/scabbing. I remember hearing through it in the recovery room, so the surgeon must have done it right at the time. At least it's finally stopped bleeding so the wound looks like it's healed over. Would love to take the packing out, but patience is a rather annoying virtue!!

Glad to hear (we love that little in-pun!!) that your hearing is coming back and that dizziness is subsiding a little :-). Keep us appraised.

Closed Thread