It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
(male)

eerismis HB User
stapedectomy tomorrow in turkey

hi, i am erdem, 30 year old male and i live in istanbul/turkey.
i have been diagnosed otosclorosis a few months ago and i will have a stapedectomy surgery tomorrow. i hope everything goes well, i dont want %1 chance of failure. for who interested i will post about my surgery and keep them informed. my surgeon is dr. burak erdamar and the cost of the surgery is around 4000 usd. please wish me good luck.
thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to eerismis:
tinnitim (07-06-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
(female)

chrimar HB User
Smile Re: stapedectomy tomorrow in turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eerismis View Post
i have been diagnosed otosclorosis a few months ago and i will have a stapedectomy surgery tomorrow. i hope everything goes well, i dont want %1 chance of failure. for who interested i will post about my surgery and keep them informed. my surgeon is dr. burak erdamar and the cost of the surgery is around 4000 usd. please wish me good luck.
thanks.
Take is easy after the surgery. Be very careful with your ear, don't let water get in it, don't sneeze with your mouth closed and remember to sleep with your head slightly elevated for a few days and sleep with that ear up for a few weeks. My surgery was almost 10 months ago and I am so very happy with my results. I still consider it a miracle and a gift from God that I got my hearing restored. Do let us know how you do.
Good luck, Eerismis!

Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User
Re: stapedectomy tomorrow in turkey

Good luck to you Erdem....

I have had both of my ears done and so so happy that I did... looking forward to seeing how you are feeling after your surgery...Don t do to much...take it easy...rest rest and rest.

Cindy

Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
(male)

eerismis HB User

08:00 i was taken to surgery room, dont remember rest.
10:00 i Am awakened and transferred to restroom. İ can hardly breathe and open my eyes. Doctor tokd the surgery was very good. No hearing for operated ear. Tinnitus is more than before.. Dizziness so bad..
12:00 tried to go bathroom, i couldnt walk alone and throw out.
12:15 breakfast, mashed potatos, carrot, spinach and yogurt.
12:30 i feel pain, painkiller injection. Fall asleep.
14:00 hearing started when i touch over bandage. (Only a little). I feel fullness in the ear. My voice sounds so different, i prefer not to talk. I still cant walk alone, i feel dizziness when i stand up or turn my head. Tinnitus is still there.
18:00 doctor told i better stay in the hospital for the night. My stapes was really bad and nothing went wrong for his side. They will change the bandage tomorrow and will be removed 1 week after. I was told to rest, to keep the ear dry, and not to force when sneezing.
03:00 i am awake. Its hard to sleep all day. There is some blood on the pillow which was normal as i am told. I wonder when i can walk alone. Dizziness is still too bad. I hear some clatters in the ear.

Thank you cindy and christine.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
(female)

billcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB Userbillcindy1 HB User

I had the same problem after my surgery last year and I was unable to walk alone for about 3 days I believe...Just take it easy and don t do to much...sit back and relax

Cindy

It will get better

Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
(male)

eerismis HB User

Next day
I am at home. Dizziness makes me sick. I cant stand up. Taste is poor on the operated side of my tongue. Dry mouth feels uncomfortable. I am bored of laying on the bed already.
I can hear louder on my unoperated ear when using phone. So i think hearing increases but i cant feel it because o bandage.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
(male)

eerismis HB User

Day 7
I will get the package removed tomorrow so i am excited. Last two days were fine. No nausea vomitting or pain. Only dizziness. Tinnitus is still there. Plus brand new pulsatile tinnitus since day 4. Taste still not good. Sometimes it is very itchy. I hope hearing will be good tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
(female)

Fantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB User

Quote:
Day 7
I will get the package removed tomorrow so i am excited. Last two days were fine. No nausea vomitting or pain. Only dizziness. Tinnitus is still there. Plus brand new pulsatile tinnitus since day 4. Taste still not good. Sometimes it is very itchy. I hope hearing will be good tomorrow.
You are hearing your pulse because the packing prevents your ear from hearing anything from the outside. Don't worry, it will go away once all the new outside sounds start to reach your ear. Your taste will gradually come back in about 6-8 weeks.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
(male)

eerismis HB User

Thank you for your sharing fantine.
I thought today the packing will be removed but that didnt happen. My doctor told that will be done next week. So i am a little disappointed right now.

The following user gives a hug of support to eerismis:
Fantine (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
(female)

Fantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB UserFantine HB User

Quote:
Thank you for your sharing fantine.
I thought today the packing will be removed but that didnt happen. My doctor told that will be done next week. So i am a little disappointed right now.
Hang in there!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #11
(male)

eerismis HB User

the packing has been removed today and i hear very well!
i am surprised that everything is very loud in the world. my operated ear is much better than the other right now.
thank you all who read and replied my posts.

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-03-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Please do not request any off-board contact, or post contact information. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
(female)

Lhanie2012 HB User

Quote:
thanks.
How are you? how was the surgery goes on? I wish you goodluck and recovery for you,,, I am happy for you .....I hope mine too will restore I am scared and until now i didnt go to ENT for check up....Im totally scared, and also dont have the huge of money to pay them....I really hope that God give me a miracle...goodluck and i wish your recovery...

Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
(female)

Lhanie2012 HB User

Quote:
the packing has been removed today and i hear very well!
i am surprised that everything is very loud in the world. my operated ear is much better than the other right now.
thank you all who read and replied my posts.
WOW.. thats a very good news to you....

I really wish mine too.....I hope miracle on me...

Closed Thread