It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
(male)

ajitnn HB User
Stapedectomy post op 12 days

Hi All,

This is my first post. I have been to this forum many times but not seen any of them what symptoms I have after the operation. Now i am post op 12 days...done operation under general anasthesia & then dischared on 2nd day. Doctor told me to take antibiotics for first 10 days. After the operation my experience was same as others..vibrations, loud sound......I was hearing easily vibrations of the plates, doors etc for 10 days....two days back doctor removed the packing of the outer ear and also removed stuff from the canal. As far as I know after removing the ear packing you start hearing well....not great but atleast the same as before the surgery.....In my case I am not able to hear as same as what I was able to hear before the surgery....I had 50 DB loss before the surgery....Now am able to hear but not great ......Doctor told me to put some drops in the ear as there is some packing still in side the ear & it has to meld then my hearing will be improve....

These all things came as strange to me....Just wanted to know, Am i on the right track or not....is there any chance that it will get worst....

Requesting to all of you to suggest the way forward.....

Thanks

Aj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread