It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
(male)

thedreamer93 HB User
Question My hearing throws me off

Alright, I have never been to a doctor for hearing (other than the little elementary school check ups), but I think there is something weird with my hearing. I seem to have a slight problem comprehending what a person says when they are within about 5 feet of me, not so bad that I need a hearing aid, but I have to ask them to repeat themselves multiple times. Most of the time I will understand, but I have noticed that I do ask for a repeat of what was said from time to time about 3 or 4 times. However, when people are about 15 to 20 feet away I seem to hear them pretty well. To me its as if my hearing is focusing at a further distance than the average person's. Not sure if anyone's heard of something similar to this or not.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: My hearing throws me off

It might be good to see an ENT or Audiologist. They can check for hearing loss. It could be something as simple as a build up of ear wax that they can clean out.

BTW, any kind of hearing loss can benefit from hearing aids. They make some pretty amazing tiny ones now with current technology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
distant, focus, hearing problem, odd, weird