It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
(female)

Queen always HB UserQueen always HB User
Hearing loss and tinnitus after stapedectomy

Hi

I haven't logged on for a very long time because I just got fed up with my condition and got tired of asking questions.

I have had 2 stapedectomies - whilst my right ear was successful, I can't say the same for my left ear. I have had this surgery in September 2011. Its almost a year now and still there is no improvement to the ear. No sound is going through my left ear and if you speak on that side I can't hear. I only depend on my right ear which is very difficult.

I also have tinnitus in that ear which was not there prior to surgery. I don't want to go for a revision stapedectomy so soon. Just the thought of going back to theatre is something that scares me. I went for the surgery in the first place to sort out my hearing but now I ended up with a worse off problem! I used a hearing aid in my left ear prior to surgery. Its almost a year now and I am totally dependant on my right ear and I trust God everyday for total healing and restoration in my left ear!

Is there anyone out there that experienced something similar with a success story. I have been so patient so far. No hearing is coming into my left ear and the tinnitus is so annoying. I even tried acupuncture but I just wasted my money. Just to hear the dial tone again will mean the world to me.

So many people in this world take their hearing for granted and you only realise how valuable it is when theres a problem with it. I'm trusting God for a miracle now and I know He will come through for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Queen always For This Useful Post:
poojash (10-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
(male)

Trucker99 HB User
Re: Hearing loss and tinnitus after stapedectomy

Hi

Like you I had a Stapedctomy in 1984 in my right ear .woke up with tinnitus and what little hearing I had gone ...took a long time to come to terms with it ,but there you go like it or lump it as we say .time will change the way you feel

Reply Reply