It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

lovetotravel1 HB User
Question Types of Hearing Changes after Stapedectomy???

I underwent a stapedectomy of my left ear 8 days ago for otosclerosis. The first 2 post-op days, my left sided hearing seemed to be amplifed. I could hear things that I was unable to hear before. However by the third post op day my hearing diminished to the level it was pre-operatively. I had the outer packing removed 4 days postop and the surgeon reassured me that everything looked fine. However it is now 8 days post op and I still feel as though my hearing is back to the same diminished level it was before I had surgery. I also hear a very soft pulsing noise in the operated ear. I am not scheduled for a hearing test until 8 weeks from now. Has anyone else experienced what I am experiencing? I am worried that the procedure was unsuccessful because I am unable to hear as well as I did the first 2 days post-op?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
(female)

Leprdprint HB User
Re: Types of Hearing Changes after Stapedectomy???

I just had a stapedectomy a week ago and am curious how you are doing now...a month after your surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
(female)

lovetotravel1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprdprint View Post
I just had a stapedectomy a week ago and am curious how you are doing now...a month after your surgery?

Old 10-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
(female)

lovetotravel1 HB User

I am much better. It took approximately 3 weeks for all the unusual symptoms to clear. I will be going for my post op hearing test in 2 weeks. However, I am sure that my hearing is much better than it was before surgery.
Good Luck!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
(female)

Leprdprint HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotravel1 View Post
I am much better. It took approximately 3 weeks for all the unusual symptoms to clear. I will be going for my post op hearing test in 2 weeks. However, I am sure that my hearing is much better than it was before surgery.
Good Luck!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
(female)

Leprdprint HB User

Glad to hear that! With only 1 week down, I'm still experiencing a slight bit of unsteadiness and weird sounds in my ear but I am hopeful. I have to wait a couple more weeks before I get the packing out & am anxious to see what my hearing is like after that. Thanks much for your quick response!

Reply Reply