It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
(male)

Freddyon2 HB User
Inner Ear Virus ?

I'm a 53 year old male, and I was diagnosed with a possible inner ear virus..I feel a little dizzy & lost hearing in my right ear.
Yesterday I woke up fine, then all of a sudden I heard a ringing in my right ear that wouldn't stop.
I went to sleep thinking it would go away. When I woke up. The ringing was still their, and to make matters worse, I couldn't hear out of that ear...
I saw an ENT today and took several test... He said It might be an inner ear virus... The cause might be a swollen nerve caught inside of a bone canal, but he's not sure until further tests are conducted. He prescribed steroids to bring the swelling down... He said it was a good on my part and very important that I saw him within 24 hours of my symptoms. He also indicated, if in fact the nerve is caught inside of a bone canal. There's a little more then 50% my hearing will be restored in about a week...
As you can imagine, I'm extremely scared and frightened that my hearing in my right ear might not return.
I would like to know, what are the percentages of hearing restored in patients with the same symptom?

An extremely concerned patient...

Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
(male)

Freddyon2 HB User
Re: Inner Ear Virus ?

Xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Freddyon2; 11-28-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Re: Inner Ear Virus ?

I'm just wondering how your doing? I've had an ear infection and my hearing hasn't been the same since.

Reply Reply