It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
(female)

thekittyofcastl HB User
Question Pet

I have had patulous eustachian tube for some time now. I started with -97 pressure in both ears and noise like sirens in both ears. The doctor said ETD not PET at that time. He tried prednisone which almost drove me crazy. Then tubes which worked for the right ear. The tube fell out and then I started getting intermittent autophony, especially in the left ear. All the doctors told me (even the one who put tubes in my ears) tinnitus - get used to it. One told me this even after I described the autophony. I get it more on the left than on the right. Most of the time the right ear seems normal. I went to see Dr. Poe and diagnosed PET in the left ear, no surprise to me. I am on the premarin drops for one week and this morning when I first woke up, no noise in the left ear. Now that it is almost time for bed again the siren is back, I just can't handle it any more. He says it's OK to try the tube again. Anyone else have the siren with autophony and clicking? I'd like to know before I try the tube again. Also the siren is so loud it interferes with my hearing. With tinnitus they tell you to turn on a fan so the "white noise" will cover what you are hearing. It would take a marching band in my living room to cover this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Re: Pet

I was wanting to know how you were doing. I haven't seen a recent post. I haven't been officially diagnosed with pet but I'm pretty sure I have it in my left ear as well. When did your symptoms start? Had you been sick with a virus or cold? Has Dr. Poe ever told anyone what is the main cause of pet? Do you have fullness in the ear.? I'm not sure what you mean by siren. I hear air and a vibration in my ear when I speak. It's very annoying. The louder I talk the worse it is. I don't know how I'm going to be able to live with this. This has been going on for over 3 months. I would do anything to get this fixed. Has anything worked for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
patulous eustachian tube