It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

DeafinSeattle HB User
3 month post op stapedectomy--pain & dizziness

Hi everyone,

I'm 3 months post-op stapedectomy for otosclerosis. At first everything was fine. My hearing came back to normal levels! But recently (last 6 weeks or so) I've been getting pain if I'm even the least bit congested, along with dizziness and vertigo. I got a sinus infection and wow--that hurt my ear a lot. I had to go back on pain meds.

When I've brought it up to my surgeon he kind of brushes me off. He says he's "never heard of" this sort of thing happening, that I shouldn't be having post-op pain at all. He says ear drum looks normal and he can't see anything wrong. I'm hesitant to go back because it doesn't seem like he's really listening. It's really frustrating to be in pain every time I get a stuffy nose (I have 2 little kids and colds run rampant in our house this time of year). The dizziness and vertigo happen if I climb stairs, turn around quickly, sit up, stand from bending over, etc. Often it makes me nauseated.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? What did you do? Thanks!

Reply Reply

Tags
otosclerosis