It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
(male)

cnyguy HB User
Bizarre hearing problem

I have been having a very strange hearing problem that occasionally comes on for about 5 or 10 minutes at a time. It is like the volume on a hearing aid has been turned up and I have super hearing. At the same time, when people are making the "s" sound it is very piercing and annoying like nails on a chalkboard. I think it his both of my ears. Like today, I was sitting in a restaurant and the woman one both over was driving me nuts every time she made the "s" sound. once my hearing returned to normal I could barely hear her talking. What is this thing?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Re: Bizarre hearing problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnyguy View Post
I have been having a very strange hearing problem that occasionally comes on for about 5 or 10 minutes at a time. It is like the volume on a hearing aid has been turned up and I have super hearing. At the same time, when people are making the "s" sound it is very piercing and annoying like nails on a chalkboard. I think it his both of my ears. Like today, I was sitting in a restaurant and the woman one both over was driving me nuts every time she made the "s" sound. once my hearing returned to normal I could barely hear her talking. What is this thing?
I have similar problem I seems like high pitched or treble noises goes right through me , I noticed some sounds on tv are like that or even load voices , I have a constant hissing sound that gets louder with background noise and sometimes my things seem louder then it gets quiter. Bass sounds seem to reverberate. Do you have similar sensations? I also have a disequilibreum problem I'm wondering if from my ears.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
(male)

cnyguy HB User
Re: Bizarre hearing problem

Base sounds don't seem to bother me. Otherwise we seem very similar. Have you gotten an answer as to what's going on with you?

Reply Reply