It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 07:21 AM   #1

zzzzlady HB User
PVCs can be cured - please read this !

Hello everyone,

Several months ago, I started experiencing PVCs and the only answer I received from my doctor is that I'd have to take the beta blocker from now on. That was NOT an acceptable answer for someone with a supposedly otherwise healthy heart. So I searched for other answers.

We've all heard that magnesium supplementation may help the PVC situation. What we HAVEN'T heard is that once your body gets deficient to the point of having symptoms (PVCs), then your body may not be able to absorb certain forms of magnesium effectively. Some people take supplements for months and years and see no results - they're taking the wrong form of magnesium. Citrate is hard to absorb. After switching from the supplements I'd been taking, I started to see gradual improvements in my PVCs and then they eventually left altogether.....and no more insomnia either ! The most easily absorable forms are asparatate, orotate, and glycinate.

If I can reach at least one person and make a difference, I will feel like i've succeeded! Good luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2004 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 04-12-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Thumbs up Re: PVCs can be cured - please read this !

ZZZLady,
I have to say I loved your article and I do agree. A few years ago my heart started skipping and I read in a medical mag that magnesium would help.
I take just about everything else. A few days and the skips stopped.
This started happening the last two weeks and I forgot about this till the other day. Lots of stress, not working , not sleeping, yada yada. I feel much better again. I like to read these things that do work and are affordable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #3

randym431 HB User
Re: PVCs can be cured - please read this !

Hi. Of the three you listed, which is best? I've read the following:

"Magnesium Orotate is designed to transport Magnesium directly to the deficient areas of your body. It is usually recommended that a Calcium Orotate supplement accompanies Magnesium Orotate as these two very important minerals complement each other and assist each other in assimilation into the body."

So not sure which, (asparatate, orotate, and glycinate) to try.
And what about Magnesium Taurate?
ps. Wouldnt ones doctor suggest this to people with "harmless skips" if these worked?

Last edited by randym431; 04-18-2004 at 03:31 PM.

Old 04-20-2004, 07:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Randy, I just buy magnesium, it works. Not sure which is which, but I had to comment on your question.
"Wouldnt ones doctor suggest this to people with "harmless skips" if these worked?"
I don't think so Randy. There are some who do, but most have never mentioned a supplement other then RX. I have seen my tests change drastically and tell them what I have taken....nothing.I think the younger Docs are more open and do suggest
vitamins supplements in some cases. But the older guys, they go by the book, and they were taught RX not supplements.
You read all these things in Prevention Magazine or even on the internet and your Doc still just rolls his eyes. Well, the bottom line is, try it, it won't hurt you and if your lucky your skipped beats will stop, then you tell your Doc and watch how accepting he is. Sorry I don't mean to be mean, but there is just many more yes's then no's
to things like this.
I had one heck of a time with my diabetes, couldn't get my sugars down for months.
The American Diabetes Association was furious with me. Well, my daughter gave me a book called Sugar Busters and I started doing it. Viola, my tests were perfect, my sugar was normal infact better then normal. They weren't happy when I said what I was doing. My Doctor said, I don't know what you did, but keep doing it! I told him what I did, I offered to bring in the book, No, thats ok he said. Just go by the book.
Today, all these diets with low carbs are THE THING To DO. Today it is acceptable but 4 years ago, oh no... Sorry to vent so but it just urks me.

Old 04-20-2004, 07:52 PM   #5

randym431 HB User

Interesting about your diabetes comment. I dont have that, but know a lot of folks that do. Most still insist on eating candy, pop and sweets, that I didnt think they were suppose to do? Anyway, basically whats the magic key to control blood sugar that you read?

Last edited by randym431; 04-20-2004 at 07:52 PM.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:01 AM   #6

jsmom HB User

Does anyone know if epsom salts would work too? I was told that your body will absorb as much magnesium it needs from a foot soak. Everytime I take Magnesium orally (doesn't matter how little/much or which form) my stomach always gets messed up from it.

Last edited by jsmom; 04-21-2004 at 12:02 AM.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Randy,
I have no magic for sugar control. But the best thing I did was follow the book I mentioned. No whites, flour, bread, rice, potatoes, corn. It isn't easy to give up pasta and potatoes. But when I follow this my sugars are norm to better. I eat stone ground wheat bread, if I eat it. I do have whole wheat pasta sometimes. And walking is just the necessity of anything. If you do nothing else, walk, walk walk. I have a hip problem now, so I walk in the pool. Thirty minutes at least 3 @ week. Walk every day if you can am and pm. Good for this and your BP and heart!
I find if I cheat, eat something with a lot of carbs, I want more. It is almost an instant craving and I have to have it. So it is easier to stay away from the sweet things or comfort foods we know so well.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:40 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

Magnesium is good, it does help also for my asthma. I guess some people are deficient in this supplement.

Old 04-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #9

dd50 HB User

Hi zlady,

Is magnesium aspartate the same as asparatate?

Also: the form I bought at a nutrition center states that it's:

Magnesium (as magnesium Aspartate 500 mg.) ----- 65mg.
L-Aspartic Acid ----- 435 mg.

I'm somewhat confused as to what they mean by the 500 mg. then putting 65 mg. Any idea?

Also, how many do you take a day? I've been taking 2 of these a day.

I too, have noticed a slight improvement ... especially when laying on my right side at night. I use to not be able to do that at all, now it seems I can for a little bit .... that's better than never.

Oh yes .. wanted to ask, do you take CoQ10? I'm taking 1-2 a day, not sure if I should take 2 a day everyday or just as I am ... sort of concerned if I might take 'too' much.

Hugs,
Dee

Closed Thread