It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2004, 01:54 PM   #1

DeAnnaV HB User
anyone been completely immoblized by stress..can't move or talk..breath? scared!

i have been having rapid and irregular heart beats for sometime now....they eventually got so bad that one day i got up couldn't breath very well and had chest discomfort with my heart fluttering and wasn't feeling well...since these have started i have not felt well.....i went and took a nap as i awaited a visit to the doctor...after i got up it wasn't any better...my husband stayed home that day...thank heavens..because i stood up and my face started tingling and numbness starting setting in...i felt like my lungs were closing up and broke out in a sweat...in a matter of sections my limbs started going numb and curling up....when it was all said and done by the time a ems got here..i couldn't move..talk..or breath...and my toes and fingers were deformed looking and crossed over one another...i was very disoriented near pass out stage...when i got to the hospital some breathing techniques helped and in about 40minutes all returned to normal...they did blood work and ekg....nothing..i was told this was a anxiety attack.....they gave me ativan to take home until i got into see my doctor who recommended i see a counselor and one of the doctors there for treatment...they then put me on atarax...which is making it worse...nothing helps..and i live with it everyday...and fear of it happening to such extreme levels....when it starts i can't breath and i feel disoriented..my heart is flip flopping around and feel like i am fading away....nothing helps...nothing inparticular causes it...i called my family doctor and stated i wanted to see a card or neuro doc for further evaluation..but he says its a waste of time its all pyshological....does anyone else relate to this or have had it happen to such extreme levels? i am 34 on the too skinny side actually and no major health problems..i have just never heard of anyone going into such extreme states? this is scary and i am getting tiried of it! why isnt the nerve pills helping if this is what it is...and they tell me even if i pass out to not working...i may feel like i am dying but wont' ....thats pretty gutsy when only a ekg and blood work has been done isn't it..like to see them on the floor like a fish out of water trying to breath while your lungs are drawing up...which i can feel and can't move or talk...
blessings and sorry soo long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #2

pms_barbie HB User
Re: anyone been completely immoblized by stress..can't move or talk..breath? scared!

Keep on insisting to see a cardio hun. I was told the same crap by my family dr. Nothing is wrong with you its your nerves. My sister had just died and he was attributing it all to her death. Turns out I have mitral valve prolapse with reg. I also have 2 places in my heart throwing off pvc or premature ventricular contractions. I am to have them ablated sometimes in the future. If it doesnt feel right get the answers you need not what they want to tell you they are.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #3

DeAnnaV HB User
Re: anyone been completely immoblized by stress..can't move or talk..breath? scared!

all they have done on me is bloodwork at the hospital and a ekg...the ativan did nothing...nor did the atarax..which is non addictive...but if a strong nerve pill is not stopping it or preventing it....this tells me this is not the problem....worries me when they tell me i may pass out or feel like i am dying, but i am not and rest assured it will past while i lay on the floor like a fish out of water...gasping for air as i can feel my lungs drawing up under my rib cage...very similar to when a baby moves around while pregnant..and then my fingers and toes cross over one over the other....deformed looking..can't move or talk....and they tell me to not let it concern me......while my heart is racing 120 to 150 beats a minute in a flip flop way..like a old car puttering like it is about to quit....great for the car..but i have three little ones...i agree with you..its time to take this matter into my own hands and find a cardio doc on my own...thats for your imput and many blessings to your well being with abundance of peace!

Old 06-22-2004, 03:25 PM   #4

tracey2775 HB User

When i was 21 i was really ill. Doctors told me it was stress. I was in bed for a whole 2 months and could only sit up or go to the toilet while my mother was holding me. I didnt eat a solid meal in that time and lost 3 stone. All my muscles would tense up and my chest would tighten. It used to take me 5 mins to pass water as i had to wait for my muscles to relax. The doctor put me on anti-depressants and within a month i was fine. Im still convinced to this day that i had a nervous breakdown. Im 28 now and still taking the meds and as soon as i try and stop them, the symptoms return gradually.

Old 06-23-2004, 09:16 AM   #5

KShortie HB User
Cool Re: anyone been completely immoblized by stress..can't move or talk..breath? scared!

I'm so sorry you feel bad. Have you seen a cardiologist and had specific cardiac studies? If you have and they are giving you a clean bill of health then you just might be having anxiety with panic attacks. This disorder can give you all the symptoms you are experiencing. Just because the medication is working right now doesn't mean you don't have the disorder. It can also build on itself. Your fear will feed the panic and make the attacks worse. Go to the panic disorder board on the Health Boards and read other people's stories. You will find some quite similar to yours. Again, I'm not saying you might not have a physical condition, and by all means follow this up completely. But, if in the end they can't find a physical reason for your problems then they might be correct in telling you that you have anxiety with panic attacks.

Old 06-24-2004, 05:16 AM   #6
Inactive

zip2play HB User

DeAnnaV,

Tell your doctor you want to do a trial with 10 mg. Valium. I find it's the best tranquilizer oround and runs circles around Ativan (which should be banned IMHO!)
Something like a whole pill at bedtime and then a half pill during the day (if you neeed it.)

If that doesn't remove your symptoms then it's not anxiety (also IMHO .)

Closed Thread