It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2004, 09:54 PM   #1

VaLady06 HB User
Question Burning behind left shoulder blade

Hi Everyone, .... I had a heart attack in march 2003 from my cholestral being too high. They put in a stent and sent me home on 25mg of atenolol. Excuse my spelling. My quwstion is .. I get these regular burning sensations behind my left shoulder blade and my left arm. Does anyone know if this is heart related. I must confess I do smoke and am trying very hard to quit. I do take alot of vitamins on a daily basis, green tea extract, flax oil capusels, e, c, magnesium, calcium and zinc and garlic. I know its alot, but I believe in vitamins. I'm just wondering what this burning could be. I also get tight muscles between my shoulder blades. Can anyone relate to any of these symptoms?? Thanks so much.

Old 07-10-2004, 05:14 AM   #2
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Re: Burning behind left shoulder blade

VaLady,
BEHIND your shoulder blade doesn't seem heart related...more like a nerve pinch. In FRONT of your shoulder blade would seem to be more of a problem.
Since it's been more than a year since your stent, maybe a stress/echo is a good idea. Better safe than sorry.

Are you keeping good tight control on your blood lipids. LDL of under 100 is a good idea for us who have to be extra heart conscious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 05:55 AM   #3
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

I have burning across my entire upper back, and just assumed it was nerve related. It is so annoying isn't it??
I never attributed it to my heart, but like zip2play said...better safe than sorry.

Take care,
Abby

Old 07-15-2004, 07:57 PM   #4

VaLady06 HB User

Thank you Zip and Abby, my chlosteral is back to normal. Its just this burning that has me bothered. Abby, you said you had burning accross your back, what did your doctor say about it and what do you do for it?? I need some relief. I dont get it everyday, but when I do its miserable.
Thanks again .. Bonnie

Old 07-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #5
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Unfortunately we haven't done anything about it yet, too many other things to take care of first. I don't get it everyday either. I'm hoping to ask my Dr about it next app. I will let you know.

Take care
Abby

Old 07-17-2004, 06:42 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User

That is absolutely symptoms I was having before my blockage was found. Pain in back of the left shoulder and in between the shoulder blades. I also had that same left shoulder pain during the insertion of my stent and thought I was having a heart attack.
Not trying to preach to you about the dangers of smoking. I'm sure you are well aware, but I just want to say that you are doing so many good things by taking the supplements, but I doubt that they can counteract what damage the cigarettes are doing to you.

Old 07-18-2004, 10:27 PM   #7
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

This isn't so much pain as it is tingling or burning. Did you have that as well or was it sharp pain?

Thanks for your response
Abby

Old 07-18-2004, 10:51 PM   #8
(male)

bogmallo HB User

Many times i get burning pain behind my right shoulder blade. The doctor said this is due to bad posture which is causing a muscle spasm. Also it starts when i drive for more than one hour at a stretch.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

I get burning feeling under my arm(around the muscle) have had this for years...not every day. My doctor said it's nothing.......he couldn't feel anything.......so I just live with it........

Old 08-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #10

VaLady06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip2play
VaLady,
BEHIND your shoulder blade doesn't seem heart related...more like a nerve pinch. In FRONT of your shoulder blade would seem to be more of a problem.
Since it's been more than a year since your stent, maybe a stress/echo is a good idea. Better safe than sorry.

Are you keeping good tight control on your blood lipids. LDL of under 100 is a good idea for us who have to be extra heart conscious.

Old 08-11-2004, 07:10 PM   #11

VaLady06 HB User

Zip, you said the pain in front of my shoulder blade was a problem, what does that sort of pain mean?? The reason I asked is, today I had some sharp pains in my chest just below my collar bone and above the left breast with some burning behind the shoulder blade, so I thought. What does this sound like?? I take a lot of vitamins daily, c e flax oil coq10,magnezium, garlic,and zinc along with 25mg atenol, should I be worried?? The pain was also in my left arm and fingers sort of a numbness. This lasted awhile then eased up. Tonight I was lifting something with my left arm and a pain shot accross my chest just near the arm pit. Any ideas?? Please!!!!!

Old 08-12-2004, 05:26 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User

VaLady I'm not zip but I am a woman with heart disease, a stent, and have had single bypass. Honey, you are playing with fire here. Have you been back to your cardio since you've had all of this shoulder and arm pain?

Old 08-15-2004, 09:19 PM   #13

VaLady06 HB User
Unhappy Re: Burning behind left shoulder blade

Hi Ninelives,
In answer to your question, no, I have not been back to the doctor for these problems due to the fact I have no ins. and I owe him $6,ooo from being in the hospital and still owe the hospital $60,000.Im on the boards to see if anyone had any of the same symptoms Im having and I see they are. I have recently quit smoking but Im still having the buring pain behind my left shoulder blade and in my left arm. I was kind of afraid it might b lung cancer. I do work but my boss has no ins. on us and Im single so it makes it hard to lose anytime from work from illness or my bills wont get paid. Im am trying to find someone who will see me based on my income but so far no luck.

Closed Thread