It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 09:06 PM   #1

lfcash HB User
Red face Help, bad pain under left arm(arm pit)

Hi,Just had an episode that was a real attention getter. Excruciating pain
under my left arm pit, that lasted for around an hour, then eased some, and it being bed time, I fell asleep. The next morning, I was fine. The pain came on very suddenly, while at rest on the sofa. My husband said it may be a strained muscle. But I was doing nothing at the time this happened. The pain
was very bad, but all in my arm pit. Please, please help, with any information
on what this may have been. Thanks!lfcash

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #2
(male)

themaker111 HB User
Re: Help, bad pain under left arm(arm pit)

I have had similar pain the past few weeks right underneath my left armpit as well. They come and go. I was really worried they were heart related because I had minor pains in my arms. Then I'd get pains in my back, then my legs, then my stomach, all over. The main source of pain was under my left arm though, on the side of my chest. I was worried that I was having a heart attack or something, except today I played tennis for 4 hours with no pain and yesterday I worked (wait tables) for 10 with no pain. I no longer think its my heart. Either my lymph nodes, or muscles or just have some weird body aches. I would try not to worry but then again it wouldn't hurt to get it checked. If mine continues, I will. Let me know what you find...and good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 04:54 PM   #3

lfcash HB User

Thanks for your info, and I will let you know if anything further develops, thanks again!

Old 10-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #4

-T- HB User

If your sure it isnt heart related then it sounds to me like it could be down to your lymph node in your armpit. Have a poke around, under and alla round your armpit and slightly around your neck and see if this is sore or tender. If it is, Im betting its a swollen lymph node.
I have these myself and have had a similar pain to what you described but mines because I have mono which is a little devil to your lymph nodes.

Your lymph nodes are also in your neck, below your ears, groin and armpits. If you ever have a sore throat or are very tired then I would have a Mono test done just to be sure.

Take painkillers if it happens again hun or have your hubby give you a shoulder massage. Works wonders!

Closed Thread