It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #1

worryworttx HB User
Constant Chest Pain?

Does anyone have chest pain that lasts for hours? I am pretty sure that I have GERD as I already know that I have Acid Reflux...and don't take medication for it ... I think that I have already damaged my throat, because I can't eat alot of food either if I do will have to throw it up almost immediatley...my chest hurts all the time...I have had the following test(s) last year...and everything checked out o.k. I do however smoke and trying to give that up right now....
TESTS:
tons of ekg's (both at doctors office and ER, + blood work at ER for heart attack, negative)
treadmill stress test-normal
30 day event monitor-normal, brycardia plus pac's, normal sinus rythem
Is there anything that I am missing? I have anxiety issues as well and am taking med's for that right now...but that is something that I have had my whole life...

Is it normal to have chest pain all the time?
I have usually extremly low blood pressure, my chol. is slightly elevated (which I am not over-weight at all) but am trying to modify my diet, although there is not alot that i can eat anymore without making me sick...

Please help me to put my mind at ease..

Thanks,
Bec

Old 09-29-2004, 07:54 AM   #2

worryworttx HB User
Re: Constant Chest Pain?

no one has ANY suggestions or feed back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 08:20 AM   #3

mattiza HB User

I also have anxiety, and have had many, many test done on my heart. I was told I was fine but I never really felt right. Two weeks ago I had a cardiolite stress test done by my new cardiologist just to rule all things out. Unfortunately this test showed an abonormality. So next friday I have to get an angiogram performed to find out for sure if there is a blockage or not. I am not trying to scare you, but I was told for the last 9 months it was anxiety that was causing my problems. Now I know it may be something else.
But I am also releived that I may finnaly get to the bottom of all my symptoms.

If you have this test done and they find nothing, it will give you peace of mind so you can get on with living.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #4

worryworttx HB User

Thank you for your reply...was your chest pain constant...? I mean truely all day long it hurts...

I don't know how to get my doctor to do that test and my cardiologist is an interventioanl cardiologist at that...

What should I do...I really think that it is my stomache causing the problems.

Bec

Old 09-29-2004, 02:08 PM   #5

mattiza HB User

I would simply ask them to do the test. I wish I had asked them months ago, but I always felt like they would think I was a nut. But I decided this is my health not theres and I know how my body feels. My chest didnt always hurt, but I was always short of breath. Hopefully you can get help with your medical problem.

Van

Old 09-30-2004, 07:37 PM   #6
Inactive

jpos HB User

I don't know about "constant" chest pain, but my sis has chest pain due to her GERD. She takes meds and is much relieved by them. (Sorry, I don't know what meds).

Old 09-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #7

Tony1 HB User

I was having the same thing myself for a few months on end. It would last for hours or days and weeks at a time. I requested a myoview cardiac study and it came back fine. My symptoms cleared up within weeks and I returned to exercising. Unfortunetly my symptoms did return three months later and then subsided again. It would last for days on end. I can tell you when I saw my cardiologist from the Texas Heart Institute he said "have you been having this tightness constantly for days," and I said yes. He replied that is was not your heart then. That was a bit reassuring but I still insisted on the cardiac study. My internist who ordered it asked if I was sure I want one because neither him nor my cardiologist thought it was necessary. He told me there is a chance that it could come back abnormal even if there wasn't a problem and that would mean an angiogram. I am having strange upper back pains that are getting worse and have stirred up new worries about my heart but need to see ortho about that first I guess. I hope everything works out for the best to everyone.

Last edited by Tony1; 09-30-2004 at 08:13 PM.

Closed Thread