It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 03:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User
Question Chest Pain - Laying Down

In the past few weeks I have been having chest pains when I lay down. Pain is located at the base of my ribs, left of center, and over to under my left arm. As soon as I get up the pain subsides. The pain is not severe. As long as I am upright I have no pain. I have tried antacids without any relief. Iím not sure if this is stomach or heart related. All comments appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 05:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

CobaltBlue HB User
Re: Chest Pain - Laying Down

donsabi,

I would suspect it would be muscular, rather than heart or stomach? From my experience with angina, when I got up in the morning, the trend was no pain to pain in the left arm, shoulder region. Having a pain at the base of the ribs is not typical of angina. As for cessation of pain when you go from lying to standing, thats not typical either--you would expect the exact opposite of that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 06:47 AM   #3
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Re: Chest Pain - Laying Down

donsabi,
It seems like a case of costochondritis to me. When you lie doown you are stretching your ribcage and pulling on one of the irritated ligaments...the pain can radiate to your arm.
I agree with ubie that it doesn't sound much like angina.

Closed Thread