It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2004, 04:47 AM   #1

Morn HB User
Chest pains and premature ventricular contraction

I am a 21 year old male. For the past 2 years I have had a lot of problems. 2 years ago It all came on suddenly, when I was about to laugh but supressed it which built up pressure, I then felt a stabbing pain in my chest. A few hours later I was feeling very very strong palpations and chest pains and dizziness, I went to the hospital and they did an ECG didn't find anything and sent me home. The palpations soon went away. But for months after that I was experiencing chest pains and chronic constant dizziness. I had several tests done, ECG, holter, xray, cat scan, ultra sound, blood tests, all turned up negative for any problems.
In the last few months I've had some premature ventricular contraction problems, that is what feels like a missed beat, it is a form of arrhythmia that is harmless. I had them quite serious for a few days, but I stopped using caffeen and they mostly went away. So I am stuck with constant dizziness, occasional chest pains that sometimes get quite serious and constant. Have no idea what to try next, I've gone to many doctors. I am very much unconvinced that it's not a problem with my heart in spite of what all the tests say. And I am just so sick of feeling ill and dizzy all the time and being worried about funny feelings and pains in my chest and the worst part is the despair of not knowing what the problem is and what to do about it

Last edited by Morn; 11-13-2004 at 05:39 AM.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User
Re: Chest pains and premature ventricular contraction

I currently have the exact same problems. I am 20 and had this for about 4 months. My chest pains have pretty much gone away, but I still feel like I have the flu off and on. I have felt great up until last night after eating. One second I was fine and the next I was dizzy and felt sick. The dizziness isnt exactly like most people are used too, it's more like everything moves from side to side instead of spinning. I think anxiety and worrying can cause alot of the chest pains. I was having alot of tightness in my chest and some pains. My cardiologist gave me an event monitor and all of a sudden I am not having any chest pain. He also told me he didnt think it was anything with the heart so that helped too. I have been feeling so great all this week it's just so aggervating for the dizziness and sickness to come back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #3
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

If anyone else has something to add about Morn's symptoms that would be great. I am very interested since I have many of the same symptoms as he does.

Old 11-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Inactive

Jack51 HB User

Are you sure that it is not an inner ear problem? Have you been tested for a thyroid disorder? What ever the problem, be persistent and you will find the cause. I would want to have an MRI of my brain, if I were you. CT scans can miss what an MRI wont.

Old 11-14-2004, 03:55 PM   #5
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

Karlie I know exactly how you feel. I am kind of used to PVC's they have never given me any other symptoms besides the weird feeling of the heart beat. Last night I took a hot bath then went to lay down in bed. I felt like I had a really strange heart beat and I felt like I just froze or something. It was the weirdest feeling like I just suddenly stopped moving or something. Then a second later I was just fine. The same thing happened again about 15 minutes later. I couldnt feel my heart beat really strong like I have with PVC's. This is VERY VERY frightening. It didnt make me dizzy or short of breath but still! I have an event monitor from my cardiologist on and I havent been able to catch any of these weird things they just happen so quickly. I am just so scared to even leave my house

Old 11-15-2004, 08:11 PM   #6

Morn HB User

If it was just PVC's I wouldn't be as worried. It's the dizziness and chest pains together with it. PVC's are usually benign with the lack of other symptoms.... Although scary as **** to experience.
>>>Are you sure that it is not an inner ear problem?
I don't know, but I kind of doubt it as the dizziness started at the same time as the chest pains.

>>Have you been tested for a thyroid disorder?
Yes I think so, a blood test.

>>What ever the problem, be persistent and you will find the cause.
Yeah but the problem is I keep having these expensive tests that find nothing and doctors that just ignore it as a psychological problem, I really don't know what to do.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #7
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

Did you have these chest pains and dizziness when you wore a holter monitor? If so, did it show up anything?

I know when I wore a holter monitor I didnt experience any chest pains or anything so that did no good for me. Right now I have an event monitor but by the time I have any dizziness, or weird heart beats it's too late to turn it on.

My family doctor has told me mine is psychological too. He said I am having panic attacks! I am definetly not having panic attacks everytime I have these weird heart beats. I know exactly how a panic attack feels. It makes my chest hurt and I feel dizzy, but my chest pain and dizziness has felt totally different from that of a panic attack.

Today I am supposed to have a stress echo done. I dont know if i'll be able to make it. I am having stabbing, sharp pains in my lower right abdomen

*EDIT*

Update...
I was able to complete my stress echo even though I am having pain in the gallbladder area. I've had a stress test done before at my family doctors. That was nothing compared to the one I had done today by a cardiologist. Stupid me wore blue jeans for the test because I expected it to be a breeze. I completed the 10 minute walk/run. My heart rate was 200bpm I dont think I have ever been so hot in my life!! After leaving there I rolled all the windows down and turned on the A/C even tho it's cold outside. Basically, the cardiologist say's nothing is wrong with my heart He says whatever is causing my high blood pressure, dizziness, and sickness is NOT heart related.

Last edited by FrontierDriver2; 11-16-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Old 11-17-2004, 03:54 AM   #8

Morn HB User

Yes, and the holter also caught a very large number of PVC's, yet it showed no problems.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:53 PM   #9

KarenBeth HB User

have you been tested for vertigo?

Old 11-18-2004, 02:25 AM   #10

Morn HB User

No but nothing is spinning.

Closed Thread