It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2004, 03:42 PM   #1

darlajortega HB User
please help heart attack?

4 days ago I got this horrible heaviness in my chest and broke out in cold sweats, I was completely drenched. I felt like I was going to pass out, dizzy, nauseated terrible pain in my abdomin
and all the color in me drained completely, I felt like I was going to die! I felt like I could'nt stand to be in my body. My husband felt my pulse and said it was hitting really hardbut slow.

It lasted for about 30 min then I fell asleep.

Does anyone think I had a heart attack?

Old 11-13-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
Inactive

Jack51 HB User
Re: please help heart attack?

This sounds exactly like a heart attack. Shame on you for not going to the ER. You best see a cardiologist soon. I would rest until I did see one, if I were you. This could happen again and **** you. You could have had a 99% blockage that caused this, and if it were to have completely closed, you wouldn't be posting. Coronary arteries with blockages, can do strange things. You could have had a plaque rupture leave a blockage, and momentarily stop blood flow to some part of your heart muscle. Blood is constantly moving (flowing) toward the muscle of the heart, through the coronary arteries. Anything that breaks loose from a blockage, heads straight to the most narrow part of the artery, which will block flow to the heart muscle. It may be a tiny artery, and cause little damage to the heart. If the artery supplies the front side of your heart, or the back side of your heart, then that area is damaged and can have different, lasting affects on the heart. When a sane person has that feeling of "doom", it can be a telltale sign. I had the exact same thoughts about wanting to leave my body. My chest pain moved up into my jaw, and across my left shoulder and down my left arm. The pain is undescribable, isn't it? Please get help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2004, 06:49 PM   #3
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

Yes, please go to the hospital right now!!! This could be a life or death emergency. A simple EKG can tell whether you had a heart attack recently. Also, come back here and let us know what you find out soon. If we dont hear back from you we will never know if you made it.
Good luck and God Bless!

Last edited by FrontierDriver2; 11-13-2004 at 06:50 PM.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #4
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

A good rule of thumb is, if you think are about to die and want to leave your body, you should go to the hospital. It's unfortunate that people post these type of things and never show back up. There is no telling whether this person died or simply didnt come back. I really hope that someone wouldnt post something like this as a joke!

Old 11-15-2004, 03:04 PM   #5

darlajortega HB User

no this is not a joke,
but i feel fine now so maybe it was'nt a heart attack
my doctor can't fit me in until the end of the month
i'll write back then

thanx

Last edited by darlajortega; 11-15-2004 at 03:05 PM.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:55 PM   #6

mamak HB User

The symtoms are the same as low blood sugar also. Are you a diabetic? Mama Kay

Old 11-15-2004, 06:38 PM   #7

redherring HB User

Fit you in at the end of the month?? Go to the emergency room! I wouldn't wait until your doctor comes back you could have blockages in your arteries. You could be a walking time bomb.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 PM   #8
(female)

sbabayan HB User

this sounds like a panic attack. panic attacks mimic heart attacks. do some research on it, sounds 100% like a panic attack to me.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:38 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User

I would take a trip to the emergency room. 1 in 3 don't survive their 1st heart attack!

Old 11-15-2004, 08:39 PM   #10
(female)

missmokay HB User

I have panic disorder and thanks to multiple EKGs, a cardiology consult and an echo, I'm pretty sure I don't have heart problems. I just happened to be browsing the different boards and came across this post. I would like to comment that my psychiatrist told me that if I have severe symptoms (extreme dizziness, chest pain, etc.), it ALWAYS warrants a visit to the hospital. Even in someone with panic disorder. Because you cannot automatically assume that it's an anxiety attack. And if you don't seek help right away, it could be too late.

BTW, Darla...do you have a history of anxiety attacks or of being an anxious type personality? If not, there's a better chance that it's not anxiety, I would believe than that it is. I agree with most of the posters. Go to the ER. I was watching one of those medical programs the other day and they said that 10-15% of all heart attacks have NO symptoms at all and this is especially so with women, so certainly severe symptoms such as yours warrant attention!

Old 11-16-2004, 06:56 AM   #11

darlajortega HB User

no i have no history anxiety, also this happened a little while after me and my husband had made love.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:10 AM   #12
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

I am glad you are okay! Like others have said the end of the month could be too late. They must not realize the importance of this. You need to be seen right away.

You should call them and explain that you need to be seen today, and if you cannot be seen that you are finding a new doctor! And if they still cannot see you then call another doctor. You cannot wait around on doctors. This is your life you are dealing with.

In my opinion you arent very worried about it or you would have gone to the ER already. Maybe it was just a panic attack but this could be life threatening!

Old 11-17-2004, 12:07 PM   #13

darlajortega HB User

I am going to dr. tomorrow!

Old 11-19-2004, 05:56 AM   #14

darlajortega HB User
Cool Re: please help heart attack?

i went to the dr and she did an ekg she said it was fine
so i am ok
thanx everybody

Old 11-20-2004, 07:55 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User

darla ekg does not always show the whole picture. EKG never once caught my blockage! It depends on the person interpreting the test and the EKG is often not very useful in diagnosing womens cardiovascular problems. I'm not saying run back to the doctor and ask for more testing but just be aware that if your symptoms return you need to take it seriously.

Closed Thread