It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2004, 05:48 AM   #1
(female)

sbabayan HB User
should i be worried?

hey all,

i'm an 18 year old female, average weight for my height. i am a very occasional user of cocaine. i did it last night, a moderate amount, only 4 lines, but it was very very pure, and i got what i think was a panic attack a few hours later, because its happened before after doin the same thing a few months ago. i basically just got really lightheaded, delirious, had a little trouble breathing, pulse was normal though. lasted about 1 hour. the last time this happened, i got another one the night after, lasetd an hour and a half, and was gone.

well last night i got the same kind of panic attack (i'm not even sure if they're panic attacks? i thought your heart raced during a panic attack, but i have been told this is what i experienced). today i woke up feeling fine but later in teh day i felt al those symptoms agian, only a lot milder, i was around freinds all day and they didn't notice. it has come and gone ever since then. right now i feel fine. are these just panic attacks associated with using cocaine? or somtehing more serious? like i said i've experineced this before, but i am starting to worry now. i don't want to go to the doctor if i don't have to. i'm only 18, not at risk for a heart attack, it will sound odd.

Old 11-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #2

Max420 HB User
Re: should i be worried?

My first suggestion would be to stop using cocaine, and if it bothers you, go see a doctor. Stop the coke though, seriously. Its a REALLY hard drug so its bound to cause health issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2004, 03:47 PM   #3
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

Yes you should be worried. If you are a teen or in your early 20's and go into the ER with chest pains or heart realted symptoms, the first thing they often ask is whether you use Cocaine. Cocaine will cause serious health problems including heart problems! If you continue to use cocaine you are just asking for health problems or even death. If you cannot quit please get help. No doctor will think anything sounds odd here because it's not. If the doctor is any good he will give you information on qutting and getting help.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:43 PM   #4
(female)

missmokay HB User

It's probably panic, but might not be. Never assume. Get yourself checked out. And stop using coke!

QUOTE=sbabayan]hey all,

i'm an 18 year old female, average weight for my height. i am a very occasional user of cocaine. i did it last night, a moderate amount, only 4 lines, but it was very very pure, and i got what i think was a panic attack a few hours later, because its happened before after doin the same thing a few months ago. i basically just got really lightheaded, delirious, had a little trouble breathing, pulse was normal though. lasted about 1 hour. the last time this happened, i got another one the night after, lasetd an hour and a half, and was gone.

well last night i got the same kind of panic attack (i'm not even sure if they're panic attacks? i thought your heart raced during a panic attack, but i have been told this is what i experienced). today i woke up feeling fine but later in teh day i felt al those symptoms agian, only a lot milder, i was around freinds all day and they didn't notice. it has come and gone ever since then. right now i feel fine. are these just panic attacks associated with using cocaine? or somtehing more serious? like i said i've experineced this before, but i am starting to worry now. i don't want to go to the doctor if i don't have to. i'm only 18, not at risk for a heart attack, it will sound odd.[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread