It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

hiera HB User
i need a little help

hi i am a teen and i have a serious problem. i usually feel like there isn't a person in the world who can help me, but i was wondering if there is a grown-up around here who i can give me advice and is more experienced.

Old 11-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
(female)

hypokelly HB User
Re: i need a little help

Dear Hiera,
What is your problem?
We can try and help you........ but we need you to tell us what is wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #3
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

I'll try to help if I can; what is it you're needing advice on?

Old 11-20-2004, 12:54 AM   #4

Excelsoir HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiera
hi i am a teen and i have a serious problem. i usually feel like there isn't a person in the world who can help me, but i was wondering if there is a grown-up around here who i can give me advice and is more experienced.
Hi, You say that you "usually" feel like there is'nt a person in the world that can help you" Does this mean that sometimes you feel that there are people who can help you ? You must have felt a bit more positive when you wrote your story to this board. As others have said, we need to know a little more about the nature of your problem(s). Do you have a mood problem ? for example. Do you have some important decision to make ? Physical problem?
Please explain a little more about yourself. You are in control of what you say, but if you are too worried about relating more, is there someone else you could talk too : school or college councellor for example.I hope we are able to give you some helpful advise.
Regards, Excelsoir

Old 11-20-2004, 05:14 AM   #5
(female)

hiera HB User

Quote:
Does this mean that sometimes you feel that there are people who can help you ?
yes sometimes i do, that's only when i don't realize how bad things have gotten.

Quote:
As others have said, we need to know a little more about the nature of your problem(s).
i can't explain what my problem is. i've been depressed for about two years and it gets worse everyday. at this point i'm very suicidal. and the thing is i do have friends, nice teachers, good parents, but i'm just not able to explain to them what is wrong with me. they're right there but i can't ask them for help, because i tried before and they didn't understand. they just thought i wanted attention.

Old 11-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #6

Excelsoir HB User

You have explained to us on the Board that you feel very depressed, and that you are not able to tell your friends, teachers or parents about your situation. Maybe if you arranged to speak to someone who does not know you it would be possible ? Take a chance Hiera, and make an appointment to see a qualified councellor or clinical psychologist. Every morning, even if you are feeling really bad, make a list of what you want to do that day - even seemingly trivial things like "tidy room" - and tick them off as you do them. Take one day at a time. Please put "make appointment" on top of one of these lists, the sooner the better for you. I am sure this will help, although I am not medically qualified.

Old 11-20-2004, 06:02 PM   #7
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

You are depressed, but you recognize that you don't have a "reason" to be. That sounds like a text-book case of clinical depression. It is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, it is a real condition, and here's the good news - it's treatable. Please ask someone for help, and if they think you're just looking for attention please don't give up, keep asking until you find someone who can and will help you. If you are in the U.S. you can call 1-800-suicide and the counselors who answer the phones can help you find someone near you that can help.

Old 11-21-2004, 10:18 AM   #8
(female)

hiera HB User

thanks for your advice. but it's just that i can't get to a doctor without my mom knowing. and she doesn't know how serious my situation is, so she'll try to solve it herself.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #9
(female)

hypokelly HB User

Dear hiera,
It is great that you are able to reach to us for help, but I do think you would benefit from experts.
In Canada there is a KIDS HELP phone,there must be a helpline where you live, so Please look for these # in the phone book.they are annyomous(sp),and they might be able to make a doctors appt. for you.
Please take care of yourself, Kelly

Old 11-21-2004, 05:13 PM   #10

Excelsoir HB User

heira,
Kelly is right in encouraging you to make this appointment or meeting. I am not suggesting that you take no notice of your mother, but explain to her that you have the right to help yourself, and this is what you plan to do. I can imagine your mother is very worried too, so you making your own arrangements might help her a lot too.You can get assistance and you will be helped. Have faith in yourself.
Regards,
Excelsoir

Old 11-21-2004, 06:15 PM   #11
(female)

hiera HB User

thanks alot everyone. I really appreciate it. I'll try my best to get help. while most people think i'm trying to get attention, it's not attention i want, it's help i want. I'll see if i can find someone, but being alone makes me feel so weak.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:41 AM   #12
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

Dear Hiera, please, please, please call one of the hotline numbers and explain your situation. They can help you get help. They can help you find ways to get help on your own, or they can get a professional to talk to your mother and explain that this IS a serious situation and not just seeking attention. The fact that you recognize you need help and no one will help you deeply saddens me, please please please don't give up. You can get help and you can overcome this and the fact that you are reaching out proves that. It might also help to print this post out and show your mother? And, if nothing else works... wait until your mom isn't home and call your local emergency number (911 in the U.S.) and explain the situation. They WILL help you and at that point your mother will not be able to legally prevent them from doing so. I certainly don't advocate disobedience to parents but when parents refuse to help a teen who is desperately asking for help then I advocate doing whatever needs to be done, to get the help that you need and DESERVE. The fact that your parents have withheld help for you borders on neglect as it is and you deserve much better than that. Again I plead that you don't give up. And please also keep us posted if you can. (((((hugs)))))

Old 11-23-2004, 09:25 AM   #13
(female)

hiera HB User

It really means alot to me that you guys care about me. Thanks alot. I don't live in the US, and it is really hard to find help around here. And when I do talk to someone, I freeze and don't know what to say anymore. I've always been kind of shy and afraid to talk to people in person, and that is also one of the things bothering me. Whenever I have the guts to call one of my friends just to talk, I always end up not talking about what's really on my mind. And this keeps happening. I keep everything bottled up inside. I think about suicide alot and. Suicide is a really bad idea because it is just a horrible, horrible thing to do to my family. But do you maybe know an online therapist or someone who will be able to help me online?

Old 11-23-2004, 10:25 AM   #14
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

You can't get the help you need by "talking" to someone online. You need a real live person sitting down and talking with you. Maybe you could write what you feel, like you have done here, and take then show that to someone who can help?

What country are you in, so we can figure out what resources might be available to you?

Old 11-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #15
(female)

hiera HB User

I live in a South American country which offers little, almost no help to teenagers like me.

Closed Thread