It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 10:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User
Leg Pain? Need answer please

I know i prolly sound paranoid but let me ask a general question. I have leg pain at the top of my calf on the back of my leg. im only 22 years old and work 3-4 days away at a high paced retail store. I do suffer from PVC and sit in a computer chair for a while a day. Im not having any chest pain or tightness or shortness of breath or anything. Should i at all be worried about this pain? could it be a clot or is it unlikly that it is and just some random pain? (I do often have random pain) When i message my calf i also get the same pain. i was just sitting down when it started, so to the best of my knowledge is that if the pain occures while exercising or walking long distances there would be a concern, but if just sitting? im gonna relax and see if it goes away, please reply

Last edited by yugokid; 11-19-2004 at 11:09 PM.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:17 PM   #2

KarenBeth HB User
Re: Leg Pain? Need answer please

I get that sometimes too.. if there was a clot in your leg, it would hurt no matter what you did, not just sitting down. Also if there was a clot in your leg, you would feel that the outter part of your leg was WARM/hot to the touch, and swollen. It sounds to me like it's a pinched nerve.. just watch out for it, I am sure it will go away. Sometimes a pinched nerve can run from your leg all the way to your shoulder.. I doubt it's anything of any concern

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 11:22 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

Karen thanks for the reply, now would the leg be swollen and hot as quickly as you get the pain? Cause it just hurts, i dont feel any swelling or warmth thats any different from my other leg. Concidering that i work 8 hours a day 4 days a week doing nothing but moving around and running at times, the chances of a clot are slim correct?

Old 11-20-2004, 01:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

just a quick update, the pain went away after a short nap, tho it does like to come off and on now but not as bad as it was before. I am able to get sleep. and its still just pain that seems to kinda radiate too, i will still have pain in the one spot, but also a little pain lower in the calf.

Old 11-20-2004, 06:35 AM   #5

KarenBeth HB User

a radiating pain sounds more like a pinched nerve.. and if it goes away with a nap, it wouldn't be a blood clot, because a blood clot only gets more painful not better. If you have that great of concern over this, it wouldn't hurt to see the DR. about it, but it just sounds to me like a nerve or pulled muscle. Pinched nerves can play with your mind.. my brother had a pinched nerve in his chest and he thought he was having a heart attack. . . let us know how is goes, I am sure it will all be ok.. blood clots form from being at bedrest for a long time, or sitting for a very long time without getting up.. from what you have said, you are active and always up and about, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Old 11-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

i'll sit at my computer for a few hours sometimes just playin around.

But its ok now, im gonna just make sure every 2 hours im gonna get up and ride that exserice bike for a minute.

Old 11-20-2004, 06:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Leg Pain? Need answer please

I am seeing a cardiologist on the 30th of the mo. My G/P said that my symptoms could be cardiac related. (on top of the symptoms, heart disease is a part of my family). I too, get very sore shins and my feet too. It's at it's worse after sitting or standing. If I learn anything I will post it.

Good luck,

Lorie

Old 11-22-2004, 01:23 PM   #8

lupine HB User

Yugokid, it may not hurt to check into 'peripheal artery disease' itermittent claudication cause's heaviness achy cramps in legs while execising, rest relieves it. A simple doppler test can confirm it, and it can save you later in life. Pad is a serious disease ..I know I have stage III...

Closed Thread