It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User
Strange happening last night sent me to the ER

Last night i was a work doing frieght which means lovely brown boxs, when i get home my tooth starts to just kill me. I take my palus and my PVCs are frequent as ever. I take my toprol at 10:15, then 1 hour and 30 later i could not bare the pain any longer so i took two tylenol 8 hours 650mg each. Did not help the pain as much as i was hoping, but it helped somewhat. so i try to sleep but cant, i would wake up every 20-30 min or so and i would feel leg and hand restlessness a couple of times. when i wake up the pain is still there but it waits like a min to come back. so i go to the ER and talk to the doc who said its a likey thing that the tooth caused the sleeplessness and the pain prolly triggered a episode of pvs from the tooth. well he took a ekg, heart monitor for 5 hours, blood work and chest xray....clean...cardio comes in and sees me, asked me a few questions and sent me home with time to see my cardio in jan. he said dont worry bout them and if they do go away with exersice like you say, you have no worrys, but best to check it out. was the doctor right? was it the pain that triggered the attack?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2004, 11:03 PM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: Strange happening last night sent me to the ER

I have had attacks triggered by pain (and illness, especially if I have a fever, and a lot of OTC medications, and about a million other things). If they did a good round of tests to rule out anything serious, and you have PVCs anyway, then most likely it was the pain like they said.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

thanks for the reply kitten, because of the pain i did not get any sleep that night and after i got home i started to feel sick from it.

Thos i have one question, i broke out in a sweat when i went to sleep, i did have a fever of 101 and was wearing heavy clothing (hoodie, two blankets and such)

does that give reason for someone to sweat?

Old 11-24-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

Fever often does cause sweating. When I have a fever I feel cold so I bundle up but since my body temperature is hot that ends up making me sweat.

Do you know *why* you had a fever? That might be relevant to check with a doctor on.

Old 11-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

100% of the time i notice that when i dont get any sleep a night before, buy the time the night or even mid day rolls around my body is so tired that i get a headache and get sick, and have a fever, pure exhaustion

Old 11-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

one other thing, is it normal to feel palupitations when exercising? i got done with my 10 min run and when i relaxed i felt palups. im just happen that the pvcs go away when i run, but they come back when i sit for a few, any explainations?

and i had just ate before i exersiced and now im getting lightheaded...was it because that i ate before then? and it was about an hour ago

Last edited by yugokid; 11-24-2004 at 09:20 PM.

Old 11-24-2004, 09:28 PM   #7

stixx HB User

yea ive had a few post exercise

There was a time when i was getting them almost everytime after workign out. Fortunatly i havent had that happen in a while. But usualyl at the very end of a cool down, and while sitting. Id get to id try to stand and walk around the house for a good 30-45 mintues

alomst never actually any problems though during exercise. Maybe one here or there, on a rare occasion Guess i should be thankful for that

Last edited by stixx; 11-24-2004 at 09:28 PM.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:17 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

lightheadedness or palups ^_^

Old 11-25-2004, 05:45 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

does this sound like sinus congestion?

I have a minor pressure at times in the middle of my head just above the center of my eyes and it seems like i wanna just go to bed and fall alseep. not sure what it may be but 2 days ago it was much more bad than this, this is just like making me wanna sleep.

Old 11-25-2004, 06:25 PM   #10

Excelsoir HB User

Exhaustion in itself does not cause fever.Do you feel that you get exhausted "too easily". Have you a thermometer ? You need to check out the ? fever. PVC's do not cause fever either. You should establish whether or not your temperature is fluctuating.
Good Luck,
Excelsoir

Old 11-25-2004, 06:34 PM   #11

Excelsoir HB User

I meant to say that exercise should not cause palpitations, although of course, it raises your heart rate so that you may become more aware of your heart beating. I am taking palpitations to mean irregular beats you can feel in your chest.Lightheadedness can be related to a few causes, including your blood pressure.However, you seem to have been checked over well at the hospital. Do you see a doctor regularly ?
All the Best,
Excelsoir

Old 11-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

once every six months, but the lightheadedness has been around for a few days centered in my head between my eyes with a little pressure.

Old 11-27-2004, 12:58 PM   #13
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

Exercise (and the associated elevated heart rate) can cause PVCs in some people, especially if there is a rapid change from exercise to resting, if you're already prone to PVCs then as you slow down from exercising and your heart re-adjusts to a slower rate to keep in pace with your body's needs it's more likely to "misfire" then.

The pressure symptoms you're describing do sound like sinuses, Yugo, and lightheadedness can come from sinuses too. But, the fact that you're having heart-related symptoms in conjunction with lightheadedness is something you probably should have evaluated more thoroughly.

To address the fever issue, exhaustion can weaken the immune system and make one more prone to illness but I don't think it can actually cause a fever. Sinus congestion shouldn't be causing a fever either, unless there is an infection present. So again, this combination of symptoms is something you should probably get double-checked by a doc.

Speaking of infection though, that might be the key to the whole thing. An underlying viral infection or something of that nature could be the fever, congestion, light-headedness, and palpitations.

Closed Thread