It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

relyt HB User
Alcohol and increased heart rate?

I find that when I go out and drink alot, the next morning I wake up and my heart is beating so fast. It's like I just ran a marathon. This lasts for about 1/2 hour after I am awake and then it goes back to normal. This only happens when I drink to the point where I am drunk, I don't mean just having 1 or 2 beers. Has anyone ever experienced this?? Could this have to do with the fact that alcohol is a depressant?

Old 11-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: Alcohol and increased heart rate?

If I have a few drinks I notice my heartrate is somewhat faster which is wierd because I thought it would be the other way around too. I don't like to get drunk because when I do I get palpitations really bad, and then since I am drunk I start to get scared because I'm not thinking clearly that I know it isn't going to hurt me, and then since I'm scared it gets worse. I would drink and party when I was a teenager but that got old real fast considering it just caused problems that took all the fun out of it LOL.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #3

stixx HB User

i dont notice that my heart beats faster, if anything my metabolism slows down and relaxes.

Wha ti have noticed is that the day after drinking im very susceptable to long periods of PVc's

dosent happen everytime, but more like 80% of the time after ive been drinking

and like Kitten said that takes all the fun out of it so i rarely drink at all anymore. Which is good for you anyways i guess. Ive lost 20 lbs in the last year due to cutting out beer and exercising. So i guess its a blessing in disguise.

Old 11-25-2004, 06:16 AM   #4

redherring HB User

Moderate to heavy alcohol usage will cause tachycardia a few hours later in most people. I know, I've had a problem and have been through detox. I've been told it's because the central nervous system is in an irritated state hours ( as little as 3 hours afterwards) after drinking, hence the need for alcoholics to drink in the morning to relieve the morning jitters.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:17 PM   #5

Shawn98 HB User

yes sometimes, not always, but "alot" if i drink heavy even just 5-6 beers i will have my heart pouind in the mourning. or even wake up at night, i feel it beATING hard. I find that when i am done drinking, if i drown myself with drinking water i will not have this happen. I have MVP. Anyways your not alone, i dont think its anything HUGE, but its something to be delt with. Shawn

Old 11-26-2004, 10:33 PM   #6
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

That would make sense I guess, that it irritates the CNS and makes things get "wierd." Just another good reason not to drink much I guess.

Closed Thread