It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: The big thud

I definately get different sensations... sometimes it is barely noticeable and other times it is impossible to ignore, sometimes it will just be one or two but sometimes it's several in a row or a few seconds apart. It usually doesn't really worry me to the point of anxiety because it's just something I've had as long as I can remember, but once in a while it will just seem 'worse' than 'normal' for some reason and that will make me worry a bit, which of course does nothing except make the whole issue worse. If you've been thoroughly tested then the lightheadedness and sweaty palms, etc. probably have more to do with your anxiety than the PVCs directly. You said you had trouble seperating the symptoms but keep in mind that they're kind of inter-related in that anxiety can increase the sensations which in turn can increase anxiety.

Old 11-27-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

babag HB User

i was shopping the other day and went to 3 diff. stores . they were close to each other. i wasn't feeling anxiety at all, my head was in my shopping. all at once in the second store i felt weak all over and went in to a total hot sweat all over my body. i made it to the bench that was in front of the store. i felt better sitting in the cold. thinking it was all gone, i went into the 3rd store. again, i felt hot and weak. could hardly push my cart. they got me a chair and a bottle of water. i sat for about 25 minutes and i regained my strength. sitting always feels good. i made it to my car that was real close and drove home. i felt fine sitting and driving. my history is ablation for atrial fib/flutter in may of 04. i felt better without the symptoms you describe but i had had them all. for the last 4 weeks i thought i was cured until this. if i had pushed myself, i think i would have passed out because i had done this before. my hr stays at about 63 beats, you should check yours. i could always feel skipped beats. a couple of times lately, i just feel that things are not right. i take my hr and get something in the 40's. perhaps i missed some beats. i am 64 and have pacs forever too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 03:00 AM   #3
(male)

john23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babag
i take my hr and get something in the 40's. perhaps i missed some beats. i am 64 and have pacs forever too.

better see your cardi if you keep getting it in the 40's and feeling like your going to faint, cardiovascular syncope isn't something to leave un treated , it can mean you have a blocked valve or your heart simply isn't pumping right.

google for cardiovascular syncope and do some research :-) Thats what started my problems and it went untreated all my childhood and now I am 23 and facing all kinds of problems because of it.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
(female)

babag HB User

i never fainted in my life until i had the ablation for atrial fib/flutter. i think the fib seems gone after 6mos post operation (bout time) although this condition got worse with time (20 yrs) but not to a point of fatigue and other symptoms just before ablation and on and off months afterwards. the ablation did drive my bp down to a normal rate (i had high for years) and my pulse stays steady at about 64 but during and episode i have counted it in the 40's (possibly skipped beats)?" my return to the cardio dr. is on the 17th of dec. i will tell any of you the results of that if you wish. thanks for the message, i will keep the condition in mind and research that also.

Closed Thread