It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2004, 12:04 PM   #1
(male)

Chris1338 HB User
wuts going on

hi im 14 years old and i have been having weird feelings in my chest, mostly on the left side. It just started happening with no precursors at all about 2 days ago. it isnt really pain, it is just like an odd sensation. When i go to sleep it goes away, same thing if im just laying down. If i take a deep breath it makes my chest feel better for a while then it comes back. it is a constant feeling, and its not sharp or a jolt of pain, its just a dull feeling in my chest. Im very young and i am active, and no one in my family has any history of heart disease. My mom had some heart ahrrythmia a while ago, but thats about it. Someone help me its really freaking me out, and i dont htink my parents would take me to the doctor to get it checked out because i worry about everything and think i have a disease. I try not to think about it but it still persists. I dont have any nausia, dizzyness, sweating or any other symptoms. im really worried about it and i dont think i will be able to see a doctor unless i have a heart attack or something because my parents will just blow it off.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

butterflytrans HB Userbutterflytrans HB User
Re: wuts going on

The chances of you having any heart problems are less than 0.1%.

Unless you are fainting often, are getting very short of breath when you're trying to do something you could normally do before, see swelling in your ankles, etc. etc. I wouldn't worry about it. The symptoms can be distressing, but that is mostly associatd with the anxiety of having palpitations.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
(male)

Chris1338 HB User

but i have never had them before and it just randomly started. do you mean heart palpitations are normal?

Old 11-28-2004, 02:40 PM   #4

Shawn98 HB User

chris this is prolly an anxiety problem that you are having. and the fainting can be anxiety to if u only feel as if you are going to faint. u can pass out from fear. if u do not have a hard time breathing, no chest pain, u are going to be fine. trust me, try not to think about it. your mind will only make it worse.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:30 AM   #5
(female)

tigeress_181 HB User

I agree with shawn98, its common in teenagers and early 20's even sometimes till your 30. Its stress and anxiety.

You need to calm down and not be a worry wort...lol...try to go somewhere where you can relax like the park or something or learn to meditate.

I know I've suffered panic and anxiety attacks for years!.......sometimes it happened while I was sleeping and sometimes for no reason at all........if you get or feel a palpitation coming on lay down and elevate your legs....if its a bad one where it feels like your heart is going to jump out and run down the street apply a cold compress (cold wet flannel/ washcloth is good) and suck on some ice.

Closed Thread