It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

mtiffany HB User
right bundle branch block and other stuff :)

Hello,
I have been having some chest and neck discomfort. I have high cholesterol and have family history of heart disease. Last week I was getting nervous so I ended up in the ER where they did an EKG. It was abnormal and I was diagnosed with right bundle branch block. I don't know much about this. The Dr. said that there is nothing to worry about and that a lot of people have this. Does anyone have any info on this? Ekg aslo said left ventricluar hypertrophy with QRS widening. I have no idea what that is. My MD sent me for a transthoracic echo which said there is no left ventricular hypertrophy. I am confused, I don't know why the echo said it was fine and the EKG didn't. Other than that the echo said everything else was normal with trace tv regurgation and trace mv regurgation. My MD basically said your heart is perfect now you don't have to worry anymore. I hope someone can help me understand some of this. Thanks so much Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
(female)

mtiffany HB User
Re: right bundle branch block and other stuff :)

Hello, I was really hoping someone could help me..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #3

suz9601 HB User

Missy are you still there? I know this is an old post, but I too have RBBB. Did you find anything else out about it? I have talked to several docs about it..please let me know if you get this.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

The QRS is the large electrical signal (spike) during the heart beat shown on the graph of the EKG. Q is the measurement at the beginning, R is the peak, and S is the end. The distance between Q and S is measured and if wider than normal could indicate an enlargement.

LV hypertrophy is an enlargement of the left chamber.

RBBB is a blockage of the normal passage route of electrical signals that originate in the right atrium. Usually the electrical signal will find another pathway and bypass the blockage. May or may not cause abnormal heart beats.

An echo uses sound waves with the ability to measure heart size, etc. The tech will use a transducer the time of systole (relaxation of heart chamber) and time at dystole (max contraction). The difference and other procedures will with calculations show heart size and pumping efficiency....the color doppler as part of the echo test will show any backward (regurgitation) blood flow through the valves or any other blood flow abnormalities. A trace of mvr is usually no problem.

Closed Thread