It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 02:16 PM   #1

mamak HB User
Info Please

I don't even know if I should be posting on this issue because I don't read that too many of you have had heart surgery, if there is a person thats had the surgery, I have a million questions. I'm 3 months post op and still have lots of constant pain in my chest. It radiates from my incision to left part of my chest. I did go to the hospital last Tuesday and was admitted. I left the hospital Friday because of the nursing care the uncleanlessness of the rooms. I was to have a stress test and told to not eat or drink anything, then was told that night that I hadn't been scheduled yet (but was told it would the next morning). By Friday my anxiety was on overload. I did go through lots of test, emzyne test(several) echocadiograms and ekgs. I was to do the stress test (not the treadmill one) the kind that takes my heart to different levels without me doing anything. It scared me. I have enough pain and fear already without thinking my heart my was going to be put on overload, then they wanted to do another heart cath and it goes on and on. I probably did the wrong thing by leaving, but I did. What I'm going thru may be perfectly normal being only 3 months since surgery then again maybe not. I'd just like to see how far anyone has gotten at 3 months and how you were feeling. Were there any complications or constant pain. I just need a friend whose been there. Mama Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User
Re: Info Please

MamaKay I had a cath within about a week following my bypass and another one about 3 months after bypass. I was hospitalized several times following both stent and bypass for chest pain and shortness of breath. It's not that unusual to have problems following heart surgery. I'm pretty sure now my problems were due to spasms of the bypassed artery. I only had one bypass but it sure was a doozy getting over it. My pain and shortness of breath almost 100% occured at rest. Is that what is happening in your case. If it is happening on exertion it could be that you're having a problem with your bypass(more blockage). If it's happening at rest it could be spasm. Both need to be dealt with so it's important to mention all problems to your cardiologist.

Closed Thread