It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

redneck_angel HB User
arteriosclerotic heart disease? someone please help me find info

both my parents died 11 years ago from this heart disease ( 2 months from eachother ) i cant seem to find any info on it..I have high cholesteral, HCV, asthma , emphyisema and god only knows whats going on with my hands for the swelling and pain ive been to docs and NO ONE seems to have an answer for me and thinking back to my parents i just seem to be following in there foot steps. Luckily im not overwieght like momma was or have diabetis like daddy did . can anyone point me in right direction to find out more about this heart disease?

Last edited by redneck_angel; 12-07-2004 at 12:39 PM.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:16 PM   #2
(female)

Heartworm HB User
Re: arteriosclerotic heart disease? someone please help me find info

If you want to find out about arteriosclerotic heart disease (not sure if I spelled it right), you can go to a search engine like google and type in key words. This will give you lots of hits and you can go from there. You can always to go to the library and gets books out or buy books on heart disease from a book store. Then, there's the doctor. He or she should be able to help you, as well. With your laundry list of health issues and family background, I'd listen carefully to the doc and do what he/she says and take my meds regularly and get regular checkups. It's good you've got your weight under control and that you don't have diabetes. After all this, I'd say enjoy life to the fullest!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #3

Excelsoir HB User
Re: arteriosclerotic heart disease? someone please help me find info

"HeartCentre Online" is an excellent resource. Just put this into a search engine and join up. One of your main aims should be to avoid diabetes, and there is much information about this on the net. Put up "Metabolic Syndrome" and you will have pages and pages plus valuable links. All the best.
Regards, Excelsoir

Closed Thread