It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

ww23river HB User
Question Why does this happen after pregnancy?

About 3 months after I gave birth I started getting severe pvcs. Usually in the evening. Before my pregnancy I would only get them once in awhile.

I am nursing and cut out all diary because it was bothering my son. But that is when the pvc started getting worse!

Do you think somehow that mineral/vitamin deficiency is causing this?
I read up on calcium and calcium regulates the heart, so does magnesium and potassium.
Do you think a lack of these in your diet causes your heart to get worse.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: Why does this happen after pregnancy?

If you cut out all dairy, you probably need to be taking a calcium supplement. But since you are nursing, please get your physician's advice on this. Generally a calcium supplement is not going to be harmful to the nursing child (calcium supplements are actually often given to new mothers to help replenish their body's nutrients which were depleted by the baby during pregancy) - but ANY medication or supplement should be under the advice of a physician if nursing . I do think that if there is a correllation between cutting out all dairy and the PVCs getting worse that may be the cause of your problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread