It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

leeanne172 HB User
Finally got to see a cardio Dr

He told me I have Mitral Reguratation and he's sending me for a endoscopy (camera down the throat) have no idea when, he said most likely won't be til at least Feb. The Doc told me that my symptoms seem pretty advanced, constantly out of breath if I'm doing anything or not, palpitations, dizziness out of the blue and chest pain, he said there is a good chance I will have the surgery to replace the aortic valve but wants the endoscopy to get a better look.

This may seem like a strange question but has anyone ever feared that surgery would NOT be done? I say this because I am just fed up with feeling like this and plus it took me so long to even convince any Dr that this was not just in my head but something was really wrong .. I want so badly to believe that a year from now I'll be feeling better then right now

anyone else just feel like this? I realize that heart surgery is a huge thing but I am just feeling at my wits end

Thanks for reading

Last edited by leeanne172; 12-09-2004 at 08:05 PM.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:04 PM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: Finally got to see a cardio Dr

I can't say that I've ever *wanted* heart surgery but, I can understand your frustration with feeling the way you do, and wanting to get better no matter what obstacles you have to face along the way ((((hugs))))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
(female)

leeanne172 HB User

Well no I guess I don't want the surgery but just the best route for feeling better, it's gets frustrating when Dr's try this and try that and nothing works .. I'm sure everyone reading this must know that feeling

Old 12-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #4
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

I was feeling so sick like that for months on end. I know exactly how you feel. Even now I am still dizzy alot. I wish there was some surgery to cure me. The doctors have never found out whats wrong with me.

It sounds like surgery is your best option to fix the problem. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:00 PM   #5

-T- HB User

I experience exactly the same symptoms as you Leanne but according to my cardio Im "too young for any heart problems" even though every one in my family has died with heart disease.

I understand about the surgery. I would be scared the doctors wouldn't give me an operation. Especially if it stopped my symptoms completely and got me better. So its very understandable hun.

Good luck when you do have surgery and I hope you have a very fast recovery.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #6
(female)

leeanne172 HB User

Thank you everyone

My Mom died from this exact same thing so it has been on my mind quite a bit, the cardio Dr I seen has also told me I am too young for these problems but can you really be too young? I have done so much reading and I have found that heart problems don't really care how old or young you are.

I hope that everyone who has read this thread and responded finds the much needed help we all need

Closed Thread