It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
(male)

sgb123 HB User
Pain with exercise

I will try to be specific on this..
When my heart rate is at rest, i am the happiest person in the world. I feel just fine and I can get on with my life. On the other hand when I increase my heart rate with exercise that is moderate and above I start to feel pain in my chest, shortness of breath, and light headed- all that scary stuff. These symptoms are always consistent every time I exercise. I did a EKG and everything looked fine, but the doctor recommended that I do a stressed EKG and I'll be doing that in a few weeks. From what I understand the EKG test will pick up most things, is there something else the stressed EKG can find? I tried to ask the doctor that I was seeing but i couldnt follow him. I'm glad im going to a different doctor to do this test. Is there anyone else on these boards that have symptoms mostly with exercise. I have been exercising a lot my whole life and these symptoms just started showing up about 6 months ago which makes me nervous. Ive never had any kind of history of anxiety (and lungs are fine). I'll let you know if find any new info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #2
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User
Re: Pain with exercise

Not to scare you, but take it easy until you get the stress test done. In my opinion, they should do it quicker than a few weeks from now. That is very irresponsible of the doctor to put it off. If you start to feel this pain when you are not exercising, or you feel that the pain is unusually worse, go to the ER right away.

I cannot stress how important it is for you to watch your symptoms and seek help if they get worse. I would call the doctor and try to get the test moved up if I were you. Do whatever you have to do, just get it done as quickly as you can.

I guess one good thing you have on your side is that you say you've exercised alot. How old are you? Height and weight? Any risk factors like smoking?

I wish you the best and good luck!

*EDIT*
I think it would be a good idea for you to straight to the ER next time you feel this pain. At least they could give you an EKG and a few other tests, and hopefully find out whether or not you have blockages

Last edited by FrontierDriver2; 12-13-2004 at 06:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 06:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

sgb,

What you REALLY want is a STRESS with a NUCLEAR SCAN and echocardiogram. While the ECG may turn up some info, it can READILY miss a condition of ischemic angina...and that's what it sounds like you have. Don't settle for the ECG alone. Mine was fine in spite of a MAJOR coronary blockage. The ECG even showed fine right in the middle of the pain while I was gasping away on the treadmill.

I echo Frontier Driver...take it very easy til your testing. PLEASE don't skip daily aspirin...In fact, til your test take 2 day (650 mg.)

Old 12-14-2004, 08:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User

I have to agree with the other posters!

Closed Thread