It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 01:47 AM   #1
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Exclamation This hasn't happened in a while...

I had an episode a little while ago that prompted me to call a friend to come and sit with me in case I ended up needing to go to the E.R. That's wierd for two reasons because number one I haven't had an episode this bad in quite a while and number two I can remember only a few times where I was actually scared by it.

It's not uncommon for me to get several premature contractions in a row or for this to happen several times within a relatively short period of time. This time what happened was I would get five or six premature contractions and then one or two "normal" heartbeats and then more premature contractions. This went on for about 45 minutes and then went away as suddenly as it began, and I'm fine now (except for my "normal" PVCs lol).

I think what really concerned me about it is that when the palpitations get bad I can usually use various relaxation and positioning techniques to interrupt it but nothing seemed to work this time.

Anyway I just wanted to get this off my chest (pun intended ), so thanks for listening and I guess if anyone else wants to share their bad days this would be a good place to do it .

Last edited by Kitten1980; 12-14-2004 at 01:48 AM. Reason: typo

Old 12-14-2004, 06:26 AM   #2

anton2 HB User
Re: This hasn't happened in a while...

I have been dealing with the same problem for about 4 years now. It started when I was 26 years old and am now 30--pretty scary to feel this at any age I presume but when you're as young as I am the doctors look at me like I am a hypocondriac freak!
I actually went to the ER the first time it happened to me thinking I was going to die of heart failure, because the beating was so irregular and it almost felt at times like my heart would stall then catch up with weak but quick beats and then go back to stalling.
Over the years now that I know what it is , it's still distubing but I don't really get that freaked out by it. The doctor's had me wear a heart halter for 24 hours ( it's like a portable EKG ) and also had an echocardiogram and everthing came out fine THANK GOD! I find I get them most if I haven't had enough sleep, drinking too much caffiene or stress and cigarette smoking ( I smoke socially). So if I aviod those things I am ususally fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread