It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 03:55 AM   #1
(female)

autumnfire HB User
Question Heart Problems?

I have read several threads on this board and have had many sympoms as alot of you on here. I went to my doctor several times for my problems. Feeling dizzy all the time, headaches all the time, tired all the time, a weird fluttering in my chest and a weird feeling in my throat that I cant explain. When I would get the last two I mentioned sometimes they would be so bad I would feel like I was going to faint and I would feel like panicing. Finally I said enough is enough and I told them something had to be done. They did an EKG and put me on a heart monitor for 48 hours.

A week later my family and I went to the lakes for a vacation 200 miles away out in the boonies. LOL! A christian camp. I get a note two days later from one of the office people telling me to call my doctor right away. So I do. I find out that I had to go in and have a pacemaker put in right away. So as soon as we get back I go in that following tuesday for the surgery. I find out that the EKG showed that I had no static in my heart and the monitor showed that my heart would stop from time to time. The one that worried them the most was when it stopped for 7 sec-1 heart beat- stop for 5 seconds- 1 heart beat- stop for 3 seconds and then finally kicked back in. Also my heart would race alot. Yeah thats weird to me. Having your heart stop like that but yet it races alot also. Cant figure that one out.

Ok I have the pacemaker put in and feel ok. Just my luck a few days later I feel bad again. They tell me to come in and they check it. Oh great a lead comes off that is attached to the inside of my heart. Have to have another surgery to put it back. Well I feel better for a few more days have to go back in. The pacer needed to be configured again. Ok Im better for awhile. I go back to work a month later and feel fine for awhile. Then I start to get dizzy alot again. I will also mention that the doctor put me on toprol after my first surgery for the fast heart beat. But anyways, I will be at work and all of a sudden I will get lightheaded and dizzy alot. I go back to doctors and everything is fine. The pacer is doing its job and they cant figure out why my sympoms are coming back. They tried treating me for enxiety disorder thinking maybe thats whats causing it. They put me on effexor for that. Now lately over the past few days Im getting those weird feelings in my throat again and sometimes I will get so lightheaded I cant do anything but sit very still for a few seconds. I ended up losing my job due to this happening so much.

I just dont get it. I thought they had my problem figured out and now I am back to square one. This is very depressing. I wish I could just feel healthy again. Sometimes I wonder if I really needed the pacemaker.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: Heart Problems?

Go to a different doctor. There is no reason why you should be getting these symptoms if the pacemaker is configured properly. You need a second opinion bigtime.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:44 AM   #3

Excelsoir HB User
Re: Heart Problems?

I agree Kitten1980. No wonder you are fed-up and distressed autumnfire. This should be sorted out asap, and I will be hoping for you that it is put right for you. A second opinion would be a good move. Sometimes leads do come out, but you have had a multitude of problems. All the best,
Excelsoir

Closed Thread