It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

mtiffany HB User
chest tightness.....need help

Hi,
I have been having a tight feeling in my chest that goes through to my backtightness in my neck. It seems to hurt worse when I breath in. The tightness seems to go all the way up my esophagus. I am constantly burping and feeling nauseaus. I do have high cholesterol. Had an abnormal EKG and was diagnosed with right bundle branch block which I was told is normal for me. I had an echo to be safe and MD told me it was normal. When I got the paper on it, it said there was trace mv regurgiation and trace tv regurgitation. Is this something I should be concerned about? And does the discomfort I am feeling seem heart related to anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: chest tightness.....need help

Your symptoms may or may not be heart related... it's often hard to determine without tests. But given the fact that you had multiple abnormal test results I'd get it checked out. I'm curious as to how you could present the test results that you listed and still be told it's "normal." Maybe if you explained a bit more someone with more knowledge would be able to give you better advice .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 04:14 AM   #3
(female)

mtiffany HB User

hello, right bundle branch block is a misfiring (I really dont know how to explain it but here goes) For instance I was told that instead of my heart beating abcd. Mine goes adcb. I was told this is pretty common and if you had it all your life it is normal for that person. Apparently I had it all my life and have ekg but have never been told I had it. As far as the echo goes I was told it was normal and I had a healthy heart. When i received a copy of my results I saw that it said I had trace mv regurgitation and trace tv regurgition. I don't know if that is anything to be worried about. The chest tightness is driving me nuts. I feel as though I have a bubble in my chest and throat too. I have also had ct scan of chest and turned out fine. My doc is sending me to gastro doc. He seems to think my symptoms are heartburn/reflux. I just wanted some opinions. I get pains where I think it is my heart and get worried. Thanks for your reply

Old 12-17-2004, 06:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Usually heart pain is not made worse by breathing in hard. Costochondritis (rib connection inflammation) is the usual culprit.
The regurgitations are probably MITRAL VALVE and TRUNCAL VALVE backflows caused by slightly "leaky valves." I doubt that the slight murmurs have anything to do with the pain.

I once, many years ago, had a "bubble" that hurt when I breath...it lasted for days. Finally on one DEEP breath it went BLURP and was never heard from again. Damn thing cost me an entire day in an e/r! I think it was a drop of water in my lungs (started in a pool), but I'll never know for sure.

A case of GERD is also a possibility for your pain...but again, GERD isn't very sensitive to deep breaths.

Last edited by Lenin; 12-17-2004 at 06:32 AM.

Old 12-17-2004, 07:50 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User

I would guess that you either have GERD or gallbladder pain.

I had a severe heart attack many years ago. Four years after that, I had pancreatitis caused by gallstones blocking the common bile duct. Believe me, the pancreatitis hurt worse than the heart attack.

But neither was much fun.

Bill

Old 12-18-2004, 04:50 AM   #6
(female)

mtiffany HB User

Thanks, I was thinking maybe gerd. I forgot to mention that I did have my gallbladder out 5 years ago. The pain seems to go through to my back also. I guess I just have to wait and see what doc says on the 23rd. Thanks for the replies

Closed Thread