It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
(male)

dad22 HB User
PVC's and sleeping

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have pvc's and have had them for about 5 years. I've had all the tests and the Doctors say I'm fine, but lately during the night, not every night, I will be laying on my right side and get them for what seems like every other beat, then when I roll over to my left side they stop. Also, it always seems to do this when I'm having a nightmare. I was told that my heart rate drops into the 40's at night when I'm asleep, but the Cardio acted as if this was no big deal. Just wondering why it would happen while laying on my RIGHT side. I know most people feel these when the lay on their LEFT side. I still have one or two a day, but these that happened while sleeping and wake me up are starting to worry me.

Anyway, does anyone else do this and is this something I should worry about?

Old 12-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: PVC's and sleeping

I *think* as long as your heart rate isn't dropping below 40 during sleep, it's considered normal . You said your PVCs seem to increase when you're having a nightmare - I wonder if it is actually the nightmare that is waking up you, and not the PVC? It would make sense that if your heartrate is rather low during sleep, and a sudden release of adrenaline due to a nightmare raises your heartrate, and your heart is prone to "misfires" anyway, by the time you're awake you're having PVCs. If changing position is all it takes to stop it, and your dr. has already told you it wasn't serious, I'd just try to sleep in a position that doesn't cause it. But, if it happens frequently and starts to really interrupt your sleep you might want to get things checked out from that angle, as lack of sleep at night is almost certain to increase daytime symptoms as well. I don't know why it seems to affect you more on your right side than your left, as you said most people are opposite that. It could have something to do with the minute effect of gravity on blood flow & strain or pressure on internal organs that "irritates" your heart when you're laying on your right side I guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 07:26 AM   #3

KarenBeth HB User
Re: PVC's and sleeping

I have PVC's alot when I lay down to go to bed! I usually get them lying on my right side and when I turn to the left I am fine.. I have woken up with couple and then they go away... if you are healthy and your heart is fine, you don't have anything to worry about, they are benign.. It's just more aggravating than anything!

Closed Thread