It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

annie123 HB User
Question enlarged left atrium

I have just recieved a letter from the hospital to say I have a slightly enlarged left atrium! they gave me a heart scan " just to put my mind at rest " that there was nothing wrong with my heart and I was just having palpatations, never mind that they were so bad I would nearly pass out and have toppled over a few times, has anyong got what I have? and if so please let me know what is being done about it, as I feel i cannot go on like this, the hospital took me off of asprin 3 weeks ago, I also have a spray for under my tounge. Last night I was so bad I took 2 asprin 3 sprays under my tounge as I felt as if my lungs were colapsing and went to bed and prayed to be taken in my sleep. I am a lot better today but I can feel my heart aching, every so often it throbs and it hurts. My consultant told me no one should ever feel there main organs, well I'v got news for him. I am due back on 12th Jan so watch this space, he wanted to distcharge me last September as him saying it is just palpatations, they do get it wrong sometimes and I know in my case they have, I have posted here before, and thanks for taking the time to read this feel 10 times better now for putting it in writing, would love some replys though, I might change my name to heart ache. By the way I am 51 yrs old and gave up smoking 7 months ago.

Last edited by annie123; 12-27-2004 at 09:31 AM.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

annie123 HB User
Re: enlarged left atrium

I have just recieved a letter from the hospital to say I have a slightly enlarged left atrium! they gave me a heart scan " just to put my mind at rest " that there was nothing wrong with my heart and I was just having palpatations, never mind that they were so bad I would nearly pass out and have toppled over a few times, has anyong got what I have? and if so please let me know what is being done about it, as I feel i cannot go on like this, the hospital took me off of asprin 3 weeks ago, I also have a spray for under my tounge. Last night I was so bad I took 2 asprin 3 sprays under my tounge as I felt as if my lungs were colapsing and went to bed and prayed to be taken in my sleep. I am a lot better today but I can feel my heart aching, every so often it throbs and it hurts. My consultant told me no one should ever feel there main organs, well I'v got news for him. I am due back on 12th Jan so watch this space, he wanted to distcharge me last September as him saying it is just palpatations, they do get it wrong sometimes and I know in my case they have, I have posted here before, and thanks for taking the time to read this feel 10 times better now for putting it in writing, would love some replys though, I might change my name to heart ache. By the way I am 51 yrs old and gave up smoking 7 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #3

Excelsoir HB User

Hello Annie 123,
Could you tell me why you were put on aspirin, and were you taking it routinely and how much ? Also, more about the substance you spray under your tongue. What is it ? Why ? How Long have you been using it etc.I am pleased you feel better writing it down and sharing your concerns. All the best,
Excelsoir

Old 12-28-2004, 03:56 AM   #4
(female)

annie123 HB User
Question Re: enlarged left atrium

I was put on Plavix (asprin) and Zoton to line the stomach because when this first happened I was told I had angina, even though I swim 42 lengths 3 times a week and sometimes go to the gym with no problems or pain in the chest.The spray is Nitrolingual this is given to people who are having heart attacks or people who have angina, although I have neither it helps when I am having an "attack".
Thanks for all the replys

Old 12-28-2004, 09:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie123
I have just recieved a letter from the hospital to say I have a slightly enlarged left atrium! ... and I was just having palpatations, never mind that they were so bad I would nearly pass out and have toppled over a few times, has anyong got what I have?
I've got an enlarged left atrium, among other problems. I am on Digoxin for it, which helps to slow down my heartbeat, and helps my heart to beat better.

Has the doctor suggested any meds, to you, to stop the palpitations?

Old 12-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #6
(female)

annie123 HB User
Angry Re: enlarged left atrium

I am going back to see them in January, what other problems do you have and what is the side effects of the tablets you are on, I thought this would mean an op to sort it out, have had a bad few days with it and my heart is still aching now.

Closed Thread