It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
(female)

captain14 HB User
Hey ninelives.

I am sorry to keep asking you questions but you seem to have alot of answers to the questions I have. In your post of what happened before your ER visits you mentioned you had symptoms for 2 to 3 years prior to that. What were those symptoms? I have been feeling bad for about 2 years and dr still can't pinpoint what is wrong. Her and I think hormones but it just scares me to think I am missing something. Could you just let me know how you were feeling those years. Again thanks for everything. I hope you feel well these days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 08:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User
Re: Hey ninelives.

Well, I would notice that if I was outdoors during high humidity I felt like I either couldn't get a full breath or couldn't breath out all the air that I had in my lungs. If I took a fairly long walk or tried to jog I would have pain in my upper back and shoulders(it was like what I experienced the first time I went to the ER only much worse. I would describe it as a cramping feeling.). I would occasionally have shortness of breath walking up stairs. It wasn't every time and so I related it to possibly being allergies although I didn't seem to have problems except when walking up stairs. There were times when sitting down I would feel like I couldn't get a full breath of air. I also had quick sharp pain in the left upper chest twice about a year before the blockage was diagnosed. I remember thinking maybe it was my heart, but I laughed it off and commented that I hope that wasn't my heart. It did give me that feeling of doom for just a very short moment. That feeling of doom is an important symptom as well. It is a very real feeling. Also tiredness. So many of these things you just explain away as part of aging. Now that I've had a stent and then bypass I don't have that upper back and shoulder pain and I don't have the feeling of not being able to take a full breath or breath all the air from my lungs.
I have a theory that there had been a small amount of blockage there for quite some time and that's why I would occasionally experience discomfort. I had a surgery done three months before the symptoms became impossible to ignore. I really think that some clotting may have occured due to that surgery and caused the artery to become narrower. What makes me believe this is that after my stent when the artery began scarring and narrowing again at 40% narrowing I was told that I should not be having symptoms from that degree of narrowing. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that my symptoms were from that 40% narrowing. They were the same only worse as it began narrowing more at 60% and then 97%. The reason I know the degree of narrowing was because they kept doing angiograms because of the symptoms I continued to have. I think there's just not enough known about young women and heart disease. The studies that have been done have been done on men and on women who are much older.
I do feel very well these days. Have you had an angiogram? That was the only test that showed my blockage. Forgive me but I can't remember what your symptoms were.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

captain14 HB User
Re: Hey ninelives.

Thank you...I can't begin to tell you how nice it is of you to share your story and come on here and answer all the questions. I believe for me everything points to hormones but I don't have that confirmation yet from my dr. I have shoulder/arm pain alot but it is no worse when I exercise and I have never had shortness of breath. A little winded carrying my 9 yr old up the stairs but that is it. I am sure I cause myself anxiety by not having a definite answer for all my aches and pains and many other symptoms. I have really no risk factors for heart problems so the pains should be on account of something else. Thank you again. I made a New Years resolution to stay off the heart board and stop scaring myself. Glad to hear you are well and hope it stays that way.

Closed Thread