It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
(male)

anonstudent HB User
only 22 and this is happening?

so over christmas break i experienced very rare shortness of breath...i mean, like for 5 mins every 3 or so days...standing up would alleviate it. now, i've come back to school and the problem seems to have gotten worse. the shortness of breath is constant to where i'm almost trying to swallow more air as it feels like the lower part of my lungs is not getting filled up. additionally, i've started to measure my heart rate, and it's way up (for me) to 80-90 bpm. there's hasn't been any chest pain except for the fact that my heart beats so much and hard that i think it's actually hurting my breasbone. when i try to hold my breath, while standing up, my heart is basically popping out of my chest it's beating to hard and i get a little lightheaded. i've also been waking up 5-6 hours after i go to sleep (during sleep the breathing seems to be totally normal) and waking up and then not being able to go back to sleep. this is freaking me out so i'm definitely going to the doctor but does anyone have any clues or suggestions?

Old 01-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #2

STEVEN138 HB User
Re: only 22 and this is happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonstudent
so over christmas break i experienced very rare shortness of breath...i mean, like for 5 mins every 3 or so days...standing up would alleviate it. now, i've come back to school and the problem seems to have gotten worse. the shortness of breath is constant to where i'm almost trying to swallow more air as it feels like the lower part of my lungs is not getting filled up. additionally, i've started to measure my heart rate, and it's way up (for me) to 80-90 bpm. there's hasn't been any chest pain except for the fact that my heart beats so much and hard that i think it's actually hurting my breasbone. when i try to hold my breath, while standing up, my heart is basically popping out of my chest it's beating to hard and i get a little lightheaded. i've also been waking up 5-6 hours after i go to sleep (during sleep the breathing seems to be totally normal) and waking up and then not being able to go back to sleep. this is freaking me out so i'm definitely going to the doctor but does anyone have any clues or suggestions?
Usually, anytime you get out of breath as you have described, would lead me to believe that you should have it checked out right away. Noone can tell you what it is until you have seen a Dr. I wouldnt wait to long or mess around,
Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
(female)

jpr604 HB User

I am only 34 and just had an angioplast and stent placment for i had an 85% blockage... don't wait to get checked out...

Old 01-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

At your age, if you don't have any previously existing heart conditions, I'd guess you're probably going to find that the condition is more lung-related than heart related. But definatlely get to a dr. ASAP and find out what's going on so you can get it taken care of.

Closed Thread