It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
(male)

Asaf187 HB User
Chest pain

Hi peeps,

My story well were do I start, ok well its been about 4 years in total since I have been having chest/back & in left arm pains, all the docs kept saying that it aint no heart trouble and that I have IBS so they put me on Fybogel & some anti spasm tablets whic i didnt really take as I found that they were not doing anything for me. Now in this period i put on over aprrox say 5 stones in this time as i found it difficut to do any workouts and gen had a pretty much static life... also just wanna add i have been to hospital on about 15 occasions and they kept on saying after the ECG that naa no heart prob.

I still today have a lot of spasm in my left leg arms & in my neck, I have now gone private and requested a echo & angiogram. I had the echo done and that just gave a few anwsers to the doc oh he finally agreed I have PVC so they are giving me this beta blocker called Caprico 1.25 mg twice daily... must say aint really done anything apart from making me feel really tired and useless. I am now due to go in on the 17 jan to have this Angio cath done..

oh and by the way they have givem me the GTN spary now when i get this pain and take a squirt of that stuff that sorts the pain out for me...so finally i can say that i was right all along just that the doc were not intrested in me haviing those test done back then... i just hope its not to l8

moral of the story is dont give up...if in doubt keep at em...after all they are humans to and are prone to mistakes.

1 love

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NineLives HB User
Re: Chest pain

It sounds like you will have answers soon.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Asaf,

Congratualtions on pursuing what you know to be the truth. The nitro spray way was probably diagnostic of angina pain.
Good luck on the 17th and I hope you can get away with a stent alone. Or bet yet nothing.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
(male)

Asaf187 HB User

Thanks Guys for your support....much apreciated..

I will let you guys know how it goes on the 17 Jan..

Asaf

Old 01-19-2005, 08:46 AM   #5
(male)

Asaf187 HB User

I have come back from Hospital after having a Angiogram done, The doc told me straight after he done this and advised me that I have no block artries or any narrowing of any of the artreis, The doc told me that I have a Ectopic heartbeat which is normal & found in healthy people. Can some1 tell me about this ectopic heartbeat is it something to be concerend with, I seem to have this for a long time and comes on during excersize & after.. thanks

Old 01-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya Asaf,

Glad your results were good. The only way to describe ectopic heartbeat is

"Any heartbeat that occurs out of the normal sinus rhythm (which is normal rhythm) of the heart. Premature beats can be exacerbated by the use of stimulants such as caffeine, smoking, alcohol, and also decongestants".

I am not medically trained but thought this the best straightforward way to explain it. I am particularly interested in anything connected with the heart as I have had two heart attacks and a triple bypass.

The only thing though if you aren't satisfied with anything at all that your doctor says, you must ask and ask to put your mind at rest.

Hope you're doing ok.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 01-19-2005 at 10:10 AM.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
(male)

Asaf187 HB User

Hiya Goldenwing, Thanks for your response... I have spoke to the DOC's for over 1 year now and they keep telling me that its not my heart.... ive had all the test done now and that is the conclusion they have come up with... I still have symptons of i.e left arm / neck & also chest... I also have a lot of chest spasm's & in the legs to & on the left hand side of the neck.. & I get the pain upon excertion on excersize. I use the GTN spary & that takes the pain away & I seem to do fine with it along with the beta-blockers.

Now am am a bit confused as I thought that the Angiogram would reveal more on the condition I may have....but that turned out to be that I have no blockage which is good but also no narrowing, at the moment i fell saw from the Angiogram got a bruise & stiffness in the groin... so apart from being told that they will change my meds for the Ectopic heart beat & see how i get on... I was wondering if there is anbody out there who may experince the same symptons as me & to advise me what my next step should be in order to take this pain away...

Thanks in advance to all who can help me thro this....

Asaf

Closed Thread