It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
(male)

easydoesit HB User
valvular insufficiency

I just received my results back from my echocardiogram. I have mild mitral, aortic, pulmonic and tricuspid insufficiency. My doctor didn't seem too concerned about it. Said we would probably do another test in 6 months. Everything else was good - no stenosis and no endocarditis.

Anyone out there have these problems?

I don't know if I should exercise or not.

I am 72 years old.

Appreciate your comments

Last edited by easydoesit; 01-06-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 07:40 AM   #2
(female)

Debbie04 HB User
Re: valvular insufficiency

Did your doctor say these problems were from birth? My son is 13 yrs. old and we have just learned that he has aortic insuffiency. His cardiologist told us it was a birth defect. He has been dealing with this since birth and nobody had a clue until now. Which I am so thankful he hasn't had any problems with it and hope he doesn't not for a very, very long time. Were you having symptoms or did they just accidently find yours? The Dr. told my son it was fine to excercise. He plays basketball and he said that was fine, but you may want to ask your Dr. first. I wish you the best and hope everything will go fine for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
(male)

easydoesit HB User
Re: valvular insufficiency

no - I had quadrupe bypass surgery in August and this test was a follow-up.

Closed Thread