It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #1

Ramie HB User
diastolic heart failure

hi

i have been doing some reading on line to try and get to the bottom of my husbands many symptoms

at this point i fear he has diastolic heart failure - he has a great deal of fluid retention in his ankles and feet - bloated stomach - lost of urinating at night -
he also has high blood pressure.

when he was hospitalized a year and ahalf ago the reports stated that he has: mildly diabated left atrial dimension in the 4.5 cm; moderate aortic insufficiency; mild mitral insufficiency. What does this mean? does he have heart failure??

i am so upset and scared - i cant believe that no one has ever mentioned this to him -

I m so scared and upset. Will someone help me understand what this all means.

Thanks so much.
Ramie

Old 01-10-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User
Re: diastolic heart failure

The best advice I can give you, if you are that worried and do not understand the reports that your husband was given regarding his health, is to call his cardio ASAP and get it explained to you. What does your husband say about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 07:06 AM   #3

Ramie HB User

Hi - thanks so much for your feedback. I have not read the reports to my husband. I dont want to alarm him. We saw a new cardio last week. We didnt have these reports from the hospital as they were in the mail being sent to us.

the new cardo scheduled a eco for my husband this friday. Then we meet with him the a week later. Do you think based on the hospital records I should call and make an appointment to see him sooner? I am just so concerned especially since nothing was shared with us - about what i believe is heart damage (right) or that his has hypothyroid!

Thank you so much for your feedback.
Ramie

Old 01-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #4
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

Please see what I said in your other thread regarding symptoms - and I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #5

Ramie HB User

Thanks so much Kitten. I actually called the cleveland clinic, where my husband is now being seen, and expressed my concern. so they moved up all the dates of his appointments. Were going in tomorrow for the eco and then to begin treatment for sleep apnea and back on thursday to follow up with the cardio.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your support. Its very confusing stuff to be dealing with.

Stay Well,
Ramie

Old 01-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #6

Excelsoir HB User

Hello Ramie,
You have the RIGHT as next of kin ( and other reasons of course) to know, in terms that you understand, your husband's cardiac status. I don't know how old he is, and I am not medically qualified. But to me it sounds like an old heart naturally wearing out a bit. Probably there are medications that will give him some help, but get the "facts" from his doctor or better still a cardiologist. Good Luck.
Excelsoir

Closed Thread