It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User
Someone help with v-tach!

I think this may be the third time I have posted a thread like this, but I haven't had much luck with replies. I was diagnosed with pvc's, svt, and finally v-tach. I had an ablation scheduled but then I got pregnant so that got put on hold. Well since I was diagnosed I have had 3 episodes of blacking out. Last night was the worst. I felt the pvc's and I probably had 20 in a row with no breaks at all untill I hit the floor. When I felt them coming on I went to the bathroom and started splashing water on my face and I noticed that my pupils were contracting with my heartbeat. I thought for sure that was it and I was dying. When I came to I vomted (gross I know), and since then I cant stop worring. I did call the doc and I am set up to get yet another event monitor when one becomes available. If anyone has any knowledge or any advice on this that would be greatly appreciated.
TY.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #2

KarenBeth HB User
Re: Someone help with v-tach!

Are you still pregnant right now? I heard that PVC's and heart palpatations are REALLY bad with some pregnancies, hormones could be in factor in this. But if you blacked out and passed out, I would think that was odd.. I am surprised they did not ask to see you right away, especially seeing you are pregnant if you are still pregnant.

Before you got pregnant, did you have PVC's? Were they benign when they diagnosed you with PVC's? When did it turn into SVT and VT? after you got pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

HI there. Thanks for the reply. Yes I am still pregnant. I was diagnosed with svt and pvc's years ago but they discovered the v tach earlier this year and thats when the ablation became a must. I got pregnant soon after and now have to wait until June to have it done. This is also the 3rd time I have blacked out from this. First time(may04)e we had no insurance and we got stuck with an awful 911/ambulance bill. Second time (Aug 04) we drove our selves to the ER. I did not go last night because I always get told the same thing...need ablation. Its just so frustrating to live with. My baby is fine heartbeat is great and she is a kick'n. Yes the pvc's have gotten worse with pregnancy but I have learned to live with those for the most part, its the v-tach that kills me. Anyway, maybe I just need to vent. Thanks again for the reply.
Jen

Old 01-11-2005, 10:49 PM   #4

KarenBeth HB User

Did they tell you why your PVC's turned into VTACH? Do you have any underlying heart disease of any kind? Did they try putting you on a beta blocker to slow the heart rate down for the PVC's or the VT?

Last edited by KarenBeth; 01-11-2005 at 10:49 PM.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

Hi again,
I have been on beta blockers and calcium channel blockers but they both made it worse so I am soo scared to try any others. I have had an echo done that came back clean with mild mvp and when I asked the EP about muscle abnormalities he said it may be microscopic and they would have to do a study, he also sent me home with a pamphlet(sp) on pace makers. My sister (25yrs) was just diagnosed with cardiomyopathy so of course that just makes my brain wander and worry some more. Anyway I just hope that I can make it to delivering this baby without hurting my baby or myself.
TA

Old 01-12-2005, 01:41 AM   #6

pms_barbie HB User

Jenn I have had pvcs and short runs of vtach. I have dr at the cleveland clinic and they tell me in a structually normal heart they are harmless. I dont understand why they sent you home with a pacemaker pamplet. You sure it wasnt an icd instead. I too have mvp. However they should really be looking into the passing out. My vtach was only 4 or 5 beats. Do you know how long your runs of vtach are?

Old 01-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #7

KarenBeth HB User

I have always wondered, what is the difference between VT and SVT? I know the TECHNICAL difference, but how do they FEEL in difference?

Last edited by KarenBeth; 01-12-2005 at 10:07 AM.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

HI again, Just an update. Doc called today with bad news. It was v-tach that I was feeling and so the fun with meds begin. He even mentioned something about doing ablation while pregnant! He said I need to take this seriously and told me not to drive anymore. I was so worried after that phone call I couldnt stop shaking. I dont want to hurt my baby.

Closed Thread