It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
(male)

LeonShuffle HB User
PVC's related to teeth or gums?

I've had PVC's every day for about 6 months now, some days much worse than others. I've noticed recently that there may be some connection between my PVC's and either my teeth or gums. I seem to get them everytime I brush my teeth or use mouthwash. I used to always wonder why they would begin the moment I started eating, I mean immediately when I start chewing, and this could explain it.

Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone know anything about it?

Old 01-15-2005, 04:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: PVC's related to teeth or gums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonShuffle
I've had PVC's every day for about 6 months now, some days much worse than others. I've noticed recently that there may be some connection between my PVC's and either my teeth or gums. I seem to get them everytime I brush my teeth or use mouthwash. I used to always wonder why they would begin the moment I started eating, I mean immediately when I start chewing, and this could explain it.

Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone know anything about it?
Once the heart gets sensitive, many things can cause the heart to misfire. High pollen or polution levels in the air can cause a heart to misfire. Food allergies can cause the heart to misfire. In fact, anything that you breath or touch, like dust, or chemicals, or inks, or even odors, etc., if you are allergic to them, can cause your heart to misfire.

Mouthwash really gets my heart misfiring, so I stay away from it. I use hydrogen peroxide, in the morning, to both brush my teeth, and as a mouthwash, and for me it works OK. In the evening, I use a little baking soda and water to brush my teeth.

Regards, and best of luck and health to you.

Last edited by Machaon; 01-15-2005 at 08:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

I know there is a link between heart disease and tooth/gum disease. So maybe there's a link between sensitivity of the mouth and sensitivity of the heart? Not sure...

Old 01-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #4
(male)

LeonShuffle HB User

Thank you both for your replies.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

it takes many many many many years with someone TOTALY neglecting there teeth for anything like that to happen. I have NO ZERO NADDA heart conditions in my family, yet i have frequest PVCs nearly 15-20k a day, yet my doc tells me not to worry. But what the others have said, when your heart becomes sensitive anything can cause misfire. When i do fright at work and the dust from the brown boxs gets on me i sometimes misfire more often, i wouldent worry too much, i dont and im 22 ^_^

Old 01-18-2005, 04:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugokid
it takes many many many many years with someone TOTALY neglecting there teeth for anything like that to happen.
What you say also relates to the heart. It can take many, many years of a heart malfunctioning and misfiring, for significant damage to be done to the heart.

Quote:
I have NO ZERO NADDA heart conditions in my family, yet i have frequest PVCs nearly 15-20k a day, yet my doc tells me not to worry.
Some doctors really don't want to be bothered with a "troublesome" patient. Others don't care. Many doctors are just incompetent. If your car was misfiring, and the engine was jumping all over the place, and you went to this doctor, who was also your car mechanic, what would you think of him?

Your doctor sounds like a real joke.

Quote:
But what the others have said, when your heart becomes sensitive anything can cause misfire. When i do fright at work and the dust from the brown boxs gets on me i sometimes misfire more often, i wouldent worry too much, i dont and im 22 ^_^
If your heart goes nuts during the day, it must really give you problems when you lie down, or go to bed. The bed is the WORST place for sensitive hearts.

You shouldn't get stressed out, but you should do everything in your power to calm your heart down. It is NOT GOOD for your heart to be constantly under stress. A heart that doesn't rest properly will slowly weaken and enlarge, and could eventual wind up as heart failure.

What kind of steps have you taken to attempt to stop your heart from misfiring? Have any of your attempts been successful, even for a short period of time?

Old 01-18-2005, 05:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugokid
... yet i have frequest PVCs nearly 15-20k a day, yet my doc tells me not to worry.
I looked up the death rate table for 2002 from the National Center for Health Statistics. As you will see in the following table, the death rate for heart related problems, jumps significantly as the age increases.

age group; heart deaths per 100,000; total deaths per 100,000

20-24; 3.4 heart related deaths per 100,000; 96 total deaths per 100,000

25-34; 7.9 heart related deaths per 100,000; 108 total deaths per 100,000

35-44; 29.4 heart related deaths per 100,000; 200 total deaths per 100,000

45-54; 95.5 heart related deaths per 100,000; 431 total deaths per 100,000

55-64; 264.5 heart related deaths per 100,000; 1005 total deaths per 100,000

As we can see from the tables, the death rate from heart disease is very rare in the ages 20 through 34. By the time one reaches age group 45-54, the rate of dying from heart related diseases has gone up from 7.9 deaths per 100,000; to 95.5 per 100,000; or 12 times, while the total rate of death from any causes has gone from 108 to 431, or only 4 times.

In other words, as the population ages, the risk of heart related death increases much more rapidly than the general risk of death.

These are not alarming statistics, and you could have many years before your heart becomes damaged from constant stress, but they show that, as one's age increases, the risk of heart disease getting more serious also increases.

Regardless of what your doctor says, you need to find a way to keep that heart from constantly being under stress.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:28 AM   #8

stixx HB User

Ive kinda wonderd myself that great everything is fine now, but what happens in 10-15 years when i get into that 45 + age group. What sort of toll will my PVC's have taken then

I have a lot less PVC's a day 10-100, and am starting to give more serious thought to an abaltion procedure. Ive been livign this way for almost 2 years, trying everything i can think of in my diet to watch out for, and theres nothing that i can find that has any effect or cause for the PVC's. All i know is that im at the point of trying anything to make them go away forever. I cant beleive that YUGO KID hasnt gone and at least done a electrophisiology(sp?) study. If your having that many PVC's a day something just aint right

Old 01-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixx
Ive kinda wonderd myself that great everything is fine now, but what happens in 10-15 years when i get into that 45 + age group. What sort of toll will my PVC's have taken then
I agree with you. The heart disease patients of tomorrow are those who did not heed the warnings and did not take care of minor heart problems when younger.

Quote:
I have a lot less PVC's a day 10-100,
10-100 PVCs per day is almost normal. At 100 PVCs a day, in a 16 hour periods, that means only about one heart hiccup every 10 minutes. That is not much of a strain on the heart. The heart is an amazingly strong organ. You can lose half of your heart's pumping ability and still survive with a fairly good quality of life. That is why it normally takes so many years for a heart to become significantly damaged.

Quote:
and am starting to give more serious thought to an abaltion procedure.
If you are only getting a maximum of 100 PCVs, or heart hiccups, per day, you might reconsider the ablation unless it gets worse, or unless there are other more significant reasons for an ablation.

Heart ablations are not a sure thing, and in some cases, it can make one's condition worse.

Quote:
Ive been livign this way for almost 2 years, trying everything i can think of in my diet to watch out for, and theres nothing that i can find that has any effect or cause for the PVC's.
There are so many things that can cause a heart to misfire, including pollens and pollutants in the air you breath, smoke, odors, foods, chemicals, circadian hormonal changes in one's body, etc. That is why it is so difficult to stop the PACs and PVCs.

Quote:
All i know is that im at the point of trying anything to make them go away forever.
It sounds like you are having quite a bit more discomfort than just 100 PVCs per day. Where did you get that estimate?

Quote:
I cant beleive that YUGO KID hasnt gone and at least done a electrophisiology(sp?) study. If your having that many PVC's a day something just aint right
Good point.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

my heart slows down and pvcs dont happen as much when im laying down

My pvcs stop for a short time during and after exercise, running and jogging

as for the cath test, it kinda bugs me knowing im gonna have something "inserted" into my leg.

Last edited by yugokid; 01-19-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Closed Thread