It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

latte163 HB User
Anybody have vision problems as a result of heart issues?

Curious if anyone has any vision problems related to their heart issues? I see colors and have occasional blind spots...but have no diagnosis. I'm trying to get any/all info I can. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
(male)

vinny1957 HB User
Re: Anybody have vision problems as a result of heart issues?

Haven't had those kind of problems just because of heart. I do know some medications can effect eyes along with blood sugar problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
(female)

Kitten1980 HB User

Is there any dizziness or "off balance" feeling, or does it seem to occur at certain intervals or events (such as with standing suddenly, etc.)?

Old 01-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
(female)

babag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by latte163
Curious if anyone has any vision problems related to their heart issues? I see colors and have occasional blind spots...but have no diagnosis. I'm trying to get any/all info I can. Thanks.
right after my heart ablation, i had weekly "auras" they look like half moons that roam from the left of each eye to the right. it is blurry to try to look thru them and has rainbow lights looking thru them. it takes about 45 minutes for them to completely pass. i used to get them about 3 times a year when i was younger. they were not followed by migraines and are not now even though my migraines have returned after my heart ablation and after 8 years of not having them. darn! i get the worst kind too.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #5

shambbles HB User

I suffered from migranes with the vascular aura's since high school. When I turned 30 or so I stopped having the pain but still had the aura's maybe once or twice a year, then the week before my heart attack I noticed I was having the aura's and slight pain every day for the week prior. I can't help but think it was related to my heart. Anyone know for sure?

Old 01-29-2005, 06:16 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

soldatos HB User

I have the off balance feeling, what could this mean?

Old 01-30-2005, 06:45 AM   #7
(female)

babag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldatos
I have the off balance feeling, what could this mean?

Old 01-30-2005, 06:47 AM   #8
(female)

babag HB User

could mean medicines, eyes or ear problems. i think all the meds i take have dizziness as a side effect. mine finally passed and i am not walking two steps forward and one to the side anymore. took 6 months. heavens only knows if it was meds., they changed them so much.

Last edited by babag; 01-30-2005 at 06:48 AM.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:28 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Quietcook HB UserQuietcook HB User

Hi,

Yes, one can have eye problems because of a bad heart, but I suspect it is when the heart is really bad.

Take my mother to her doctor's appts, and she survived 3 open heart surgeries within less than 2 months. Her heart went bad rather quickly, in that her valves calcified just within a few months of tests showing only a little problem. Then we got the news that two valved had to be replaced immediately or she would die. Prior to that, we had been told that heart surgery would not do her enough good to warrant the risk. Once the heart got worse, that changed.

Just before going in for the surgery though, her eyes got much worse and the eye doc said that it was because of the decreased blood flow that that once her heart was pumping better, they hoped for improvement. She did get improvement, but did sustain permanent damage to the back of the eyes. Still, in one's 80's to have survived all this and be up and out on the go she and I both consider it a blessing.

Hope none of you have a heart bad enough to cause your eyes permanent damage, but suggest that if you have a problem with either, to ask plenty of questions of your doctors.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:37 PM   #10

KarenBeth HB User

one of the side effects of Beta Blockers are vision problems.. are you on beta blockers of any kind?

Old 02-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #11
(male)

Rehan HB User

yes,it happens,l used to have migrains before heart attack,now they r back n so dizzy feelings

Old 02-04-2005, 08:02 PM   #12
(male)

Rehan HB User

undefined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehan
yes,it happens,l used to have migrains before heart attack,now they r back n so dizzy feelings

Old 02-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #13
(female)

franstranges HB User

Hi Guys
I stumbled on to this thread and it sounded all too familar. June of 2004 I had severe chest pain at work, and past out within seconds of it coming on. Within three days I completely lost my vision in my right eye. (It never came back and doctors dont suspect it ever will). My EKGs read irregular (one cardiologist read it as if I had a heart attack-which because I am a 22 year old female I got a second oppinion) My holter also came up with unexplained palpatations. I was also seeing neurologists and opthamologist for my vision, but all the doctors agreed that my vision and my heart problems are not linked but rather coincidence. (I have since then stopped seeing everyone of them as none helpped) I often get dizzy (feels more like drunk but...) and I still get chest pain (but nothing as severe as it was the first time) Its comforting to know that someone can relate. If you guys figure it out, let me know, and I hope everything goes well for all of you

Last edited by franstranges; 02-04-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:32 AM   #14
(female)

babag HB User

i would define it as tipping one way or another without trying to or not being able to walk in a real straight line.

Closed Thread